Asked in
Small Business and Entrepreneurship
Business Plans
Federal Laws
Home-Based Businesses

What type of business license do you need?


User Avatar
Wiki User
July 09, 2008 12:47AM

There are many variables as to what licensing you'll need. Here are some possible types. Business license - yearly tax registration, usually required everywhere Fictitious Name Registration - required if you don't have your legal name in the name of your business Seller's permit - required for wholesale and retail sales Federal tax ID - alternate IRS ID rather than using SSN State tax ID - employer identification #