Best Answer

To start with you would definitely need liability. And if you have employees workmans comp.

You don't state what type of business you're in and I don't know if there would be any specialized insurance involved.

Do your research and start calling ins. brokers.

A 2:

Sounds lke you might need Public liability insurance (covers the cost of compensation from anybody injured). You still need to check with your insurance broker before making any decision on the type of insurance you require


subcontractors normally are required to carry and be able to verify their workers comp and state unemployment insurance. There is sometimes a performance bond required for the amount of the work. If vehicles are involved at least basic liability coverage which covers business use of the vehicles. You will most likely be required to sign an agreement indemnifying the owner or general contractor from liability for you workmanship, procedures etc. As above a public liability policy is a good idea to protect yourself.

User Avatar

Wiki User

โˆ™ 2013-02-09 04:16:16
This answer is:
User Avatar
Study guides


22 cards

If you were laid off and apply for insurance coverage on your wife's group policy do you have to answer a medical questionnaire

How many grams of cholesterol should you eat each day to maintain a healthy diet

What would cause a fluttering inside the ear canal

Why is beef fat a solid at room temperature

See all cards
8 Reviews

Add your answer:

Earn +20 pts
Q: What type of insurance do you need for your small business to subcontract on commercial jobs?
Write your answer...
Still have questions?
magnify glass
Related questions

What type of insurance coverage does a small business need?

Your husband would do best in seeking out commercial property insurance of an all-risk policy, which covers those problems known to be common with small business.

Where can I find business vehicle insurance to buy?

Progressive has commercial and business vehicle insurance for small cars to large trucks and allows you to compare their rates with other providers as well.

Does Geico have an insurance plan for trucking companies?

Yes Geico does offer insurance for trucking companies. They offer commercial insurance for small or large businesses. They cover business vehicles both small and large.

Cost of small business insurance?

what is the average cost of insurance for a small business in Washington, D.C.?

Where is the best place to find a small business insurance agency?

The best place to find a small business insurance agency is through a broker or agent who deals with commercial businesses. Check out larger companies such as Aviva or ING.

What Is Business Building Insurance. Business building insurance is more commonly referred to as commercial building insurance or commercial property?

Business building insurance refers the coverage of commerical and business properties. The amount of coverage and type of coverage varies by insurance companies. Nation Wide offers small business building insurance and they cover the building, building signs, all furtinure and equipment, inventory, lanscaping and fences, and additional properties. They have a 24-7 claims service.

Where can you find insurance for your small business?

You could find insurance for your small business by going on a website that compare insurance from different insurance companys and give you the best deal.

Who offers commercial insurance product quotes?

Most any major insurance firm or independent agent should be able to offer commercial insurance product quotes. Small business owners might consider seeking references from local businesspeople.

Where can a small business find comparisons of the cost of business insurance from different providers?

Small business owners can look for comparisons of the cost of business insurance from different providers in a few ways. One is to contact an insurance broker who specializes in business insurance.

What is difference between a commercial business and a small business?

All businesses that engage in commerce are "commercial. Some are small, and some are large.

Small Business Insurance?

form_title=Small Business Insurance form_header=Small business insurance is necessary to protect your company. An insurance professional can help you identify the potential risks associated with your company and customize your policy to meet those needs. Type of insurance needed:= {(),Business Owners Policy,Business Auto Insurance,Business Property Insurance,Business Liability Insurance,Home Business Insurance,Workers' Compensation,Business Umbrella Liability,Professional Liability Insurance,Directors and Officers Liability,Business Identity Theft,Group Health Insurance,Business Life Insurance,Key Person Life Insurance,Agricultural Insurance,Product Liability Insurance,Personal Insurance,Not Sure} Number of Full Time Employees=_ Years In Business=_

Where can I buy some small office insurance?

Small office insurance can be purchased at a variety of places. One website to visit is

People also asked