Mental Health
Questions about WikiAnswers and
Dog Health

Where can you freely ask questions about mental health?

Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
October 20, 2011 9:37PM

You can speak to a therapist confidentially and ask them about whatever your concern is. Look for a psychologist, psychiatrist, or licensed social worker (they will have LICSW after their name, not just MSW). If your area has a 211 (community service information) line they can direct you to a therapist. You can also find social workers, psychologists, psychiatrists, and support groups through the yellow pages, online, or through local community centers. You can also (and may want to if paying for services is an issue) find a therapy provider through your health insurance provider. If you still can't get information or you live somewhere without many social services, try calling a state welfare office or the emergency room of a local hospital and ask to speak to a social worker. If you want to find resources online, either about your own mental health, the field of mental health, or self-advocacy, some websites to start with are:,


There are also web sites that specialize in health topics, if you think that is what you are looking for. However, if you aren't sure whether your symptoms are related to a physical health problem or a mental health problem you should probably start with your regular physician.

Most important - if you think you might hurt yourself or someone else, go to your nearest emergency room!