Asked in ChristmasNorth PoleSanta Claus
Where does Santa Claus live?
December 22, 2016 8:37AM
There is no proof of exactly where he is and some think he lives in a magical place in the hearts and minds of all children who believe. Others have other opinions that are not yet fully confirmed. WikiAnswers contributors have given the following information:
- Santa Claus lives in Finland near the Arctic Circle. His house
is about 8 kilometers north of Rovaniemi in Lapland. His address
96930 Arctic Circle Finland
- In North America it is said that Santa lives on the North Pole. However, I doubt that, because he most likely would have been spotted there by at least one of the many expeditions to the spot.
- Besides Finland, there are other suggested locations, such as: Norway (a place called Drobak), Sweden (Mora) and Denmark that all claim to have a place where Santa Claus lives. My first choice would be Finland, of course (they've done some good marketing for the idea), but the second would be Denmark (they claim the subject lives in Greenland, which is quite remote and cold and scarcely inhabited, so he might have a summer house there or something like this).
- I know he lives in the Arctic Circle, but people say he lives in the North Pole in Lapland, but Lapland is not in the North Pole, it's in the North of Norway, Sweden and Finland. He doesn't live in the North Pole, he lives in the Arctic Circle.
- Santa Claus is generally believed to live at the North Pole. We are afraid that we cannot tell you exactly where, as Santa made us promise to keep it top secret.
- We can verify that there is a US Post Office in Santa Claus, Indiana that does receive enormous amounts of letters addressed to Santa Claus. However, they will not release the information about to where they deliver the letters, even when investigators attempt to force them to provide that information under the Freedom of Information Act. Lawyers are working on this even as this is being written, but the issue is still under legal discussion and, therefore, there is a Santa information gag order that WikiAnswers is required to observe.