Who are some famous scientists and what are their contributions to the field of science?
There are literally thousands of famous scientists who have all
made very important contributions to the field of science.
All the winners of the Nobel Prize are, of course, extremely
Here are a few examples:
- Sigmund Freud (discovery of Integrated Trinity) -
Germany, born in Czechoslovakia
- Alfred Nobel (discovery of dynamite) - Sweden
- Nikola Tesla (electricity field) - Slovenia
- Albert Einstein (Theory of relativity) - Germany
- Karl Jung (discovery of second personality of alcoholics
- Gregor Mendel (discovery of genes)
- Isaac Newton (Laws of Gravity)
- William Perkin (chemist who invented the first synthetic
dye, mauveine) - Britain
- Herman Mark (The father of polymer chemistry) - Austrian
- Otto Bayer - German scientist who invented polyurethane.
(He's not related to the Bayer family that started the chemical
company he worked for.)
- Otto Rohm and Otto Haas - German scientists who invented
acrylate polymers. These are used for things like Plexiglas and the
plastic layer of safety glass.
- Leo Baekeland - Belgian scientist who invented two
things: prepackaged photo paper; and phenolic plastic. The photo
paper made him rich; the phenolic made him immortal.
- Agapito Flores - Philippine inventor of the fluorescent
- Fe Del Mundo - Philippine inventor of the
- Eduardo San Juan - Philippine inventor of the lunar
(For more information on the famous scientists of the world,
see the list of Related Links, as well as the Related