Why did Namibia choose English?
- English language was chosen as a sign of liberation and independence.
- Namibia, despite its scarce population, is home to a wide diversity of languages, from multiple language families: Indo-European, Bantu, and the various Khoisan families.
- During apartheid Afrikaans, German and English held the position of official language; however, after independence from South Africa, Namibia's new government made English the sole official language in the constitution of Namibia.
- German and Afrikaans were stigmatized as having colonial overtones, while the rising of Mandela's Youth League and the 1951 Defiance Campaign spread English among the masses as the language of the liberation struggle.
- Refer to link below for more information
The national language of Namibia is English, so "welcome". Read More
I want answer Read More
English is the national and official language of Namibia. English is a West Germanic language and positioned 3rd based upon number of native speakers (310 million million) and its an easy way to connect with the rest of the world. Read More
Windhoek, Namibia Rundu, Namibia Walvis Bay, Namibia Helao Nafidi, Namibia Oshakati, NamibiaSwakopmund, Namibia Katima Mulilo, Namibia Grootfontein, Namibia Rehoboth, Namibia Otjiwarongo, NamibiaOkahandja, Namibia Gobabis, Namibia Keetmanshoop, Namibia Luderitz, Namibia Mariental, Namibia Read More
No, the official language of Namibia is English. Until 1990, German and Afrikaans were also official languages. While the official language is English, most of the white population speaks either German or Afrikaans. Afrikaans is spoken by 60% of the white community, German is spoken by 32%, English is spoken by 7% and Portuguese by 1% Read More
It borders Namibia. It does not border Zambia. It borders Namibia. It does not border Zambia. It borders Namibia. It does not border Zambia. It borders Namibia. It does not border Zambia. It borders Namibia. It does not border Zambia. It borders Namibia. It does not border Zambia. It borders Namibia. It does not border Zambia. It borders Namibia. It does not border Zambia. It borders Namibia. It does not border Zambia. It borders Namibia… Read More
Namibia Read More
The Republic of Namibia, or just Namibia, is located in southern Africa. Windhoek is the capital of this country. The zip code of Windhoek, Namibia is 9000. Read More
Mosttly Choose Subjet is English ,Urdu, Math, Geography Read More
i like english, and i like to speak english .because i think english is very important for communication with people Read More
Is because many people were exposed to english during colonialism and after indipedence many people were able to cope with english rather than afrikaans. Read More
Angola is north of Namibia. Angola is the main country above Namibia. A part of Zambia is above a small part of Namibia, but Angola would be the answer you are looking for. Read More
The founding father of Namibia is Hosea Kutako, who freed Namibia from South African occupation. Read More
When you are asked why you choose to study business English, you are being asked to specify the objectives that you have. This may be in relation to a career or any other applicable reason. Read More
zambia Nigeria ghana kenya zimbabwe namibia... Read More
Polytechnic of Namibia was created in 1994. Read More
You will need a good GCSE in English Read More
Chile is about 756,102 square kilometres. Namibia is about 825,615 square kilometres. So Namibia is bigger. Read More