Why don't our loved ones contact us or try to stay in touch with us after they've passed away?
It's comforting to believe in an afterlife, and to believe that
those of our loved ones who have already deceased are in a more
pleasant place. Unfortunately, there is not even a scintilla of
evidence that there really is an afterlife, so it is more likely
the case that there is no afterlife and that no one can ever
communicate with the dead.
Beliefs change over the centuries, even within Judaism and Christianity. Ecclesiastes 9:5-6 tells us:
For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten. Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun.
One can read in Mark 12:26-27
But concerning the dead, that they rise, have you not read in the book of Moses, in the burning book passage, how God spoke to him, saying, I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.?
27 " He is not the God of the dead, but the God of the living. You are therefore greatly mistaken."
One can read in Luke 16 verse 19-31
This is the story of the rich man and Lazarus.
Here are some opinions and ideas:
- Here is what happened to Adam (the first man) at his death. God told him: "You will return to the ground, for out of it you were taken. For dust you are and to dust you will return." (Genesis 3:19) Think of what that means. Before God created him from the dust, there was no Adam. He did not exist. So, after he died, Adam returned to that same state of nonexistence. Simply stated, death is the opposite of life. The Bible shows this at Ecclesiastes 9:5,?10. According to the Authorized or King James Version, these verses say: "For the living know that they shall die; but the dead know not any thing." This means that the dead cannot do anything and cannot feel anything. They no longer have any thoughts, as the Bible states: "Do not put your trust in nobles, nor in the son of earthling man, to whom no salvation belongs. His spirit goes out, he goes back to his ground; in that day his thoughts do perish." (Psalm 146:3,?4) At death man's spirit, his life-force, which is sustained by breathing, "goes out." It no longer exists. So man's senses of hearing, sight, touch, smell and taste, which depend upon his being able to think, all stop working. According to the Bible, the dead enter a state of complete unconsciousness. So, that is why they don't "keep in touch"
- When a person is in a very deep sleep, he remembers nothing. It is similar with the dead. They have no feelings at all. They no longer exist. But, in God?s due time, the dead who are ransomed by God will be raised to life. (John 5:28)
- Dead people are DEAD. They can't contact anyone.
- Dead people can and do contact us in our dreams.
- I would assume that like any thing in any life there are rules,
there are rules here, not just human rules, nature has rules and
'laws' as will life
and i think that just like us contacting them is debatable as to whether its right or wrong, if there is life after death,
then there is probably a good chance that they have the same kind of rules so therefor they may not be 'allowed' to contact us as it could be breaking some rules or laws of their land. or maybe when they do contac people its for a specific reason maybe they don't have any reason to contact you maybe you have to ask in a specific way, this could bespecific to the rules 'there' specific to your loved one, specific to your beliefs. being a practicing pagan on my cats 6 month anniversary of his death, i wrote down on a piece of paper what i wanted to say to him, what i wanted him to know, asking the 'powers that be' to pass it on to him and if its possible could he let me know he got my message and thanked the powers and use candle magic and nutmeg and burned it up to ash and i spread it out the window.within 2 wks of this i had a dream about him, one ive never ever had before about any dead relative,
i asked him if he knew i loved him and he said yes, we showed our affection to eath other and i woke up.i swear i never had any dream of that kind before, my dreams are usually varied, crazy, dead people alive, alive people dead but nothing like that has happened before, and i didnt ask for it to. i am half skeptical in life and about this dream itself so i don't know if it was him or was just my mind giving me the peace i need and want so i wont tell you it was but its your choice what you take from that then of course there is the possibility that there is no afterlife or ghosts so of course they cant contact you then.
it all depends on what you believe, what you are willing to believe and what you want to believe.
- I have on several occasions had relatives to say goodby to me on their way out. A wise man I knew visited me several times after he withdrew from the physical. Most people have not yet developed the sensitivity to detect these things, but it is available.
- I doubt the "dead" are focused on the living at all. "For it is appointed once for man to die and THEN then judgment." 1-Our loved ones in spirit do try to vist us all the time but the signs are very subtle. They can also vist us in our dreams. Unless you have natural mediumship abilities or are willing to got to a spiritualist church and sit in circle and develop your mediumship you will not be able to see or hear them. So the best way in that case would be to vist a medium. Our loved ones in spirit are only a thought away, so though you can not hear them, send them a thought as they do hear you. 2 -When we die, we automatically go into the spirit world regardless of beliefs. There is no devil or hell. The Bible uses this fear to control people. We are spirit and when we leave our body ( the shell) we have a carbon copy. Energy cannot be destroyed. People that say life after death is rubbish are ignorant. They cannot prove there is no life after death. Their opinion comes from others that are also ignorant. There are very many eminent scientists through history that have investigated life after death survival and agree this is true. Not one scientist that has researched it has said there is no life after death. So therefore anyone that tells you there is no life after death can not prove it nor have they investigated it, therefore cannot make the claim they are an expert in this field
Most people don't know how to tune into that type of energy ,but they do!
one of the reasons is becaus some of our dead loved ones don't want to leave us and the want to protect us and make sure we are doing the right choices in life.
Once someone dies, they're no longer a part of our lives... we can still think about them, and miss them, but once dead, THEY ARE DEAD AND HAVE NO CONTACT WITH PEOPLE ON EARTH. When someone dies, they either go to heaven where they live with God, Jesus, the 12 deciples, and any other Christian that has died... Or they go down to "The pitt" where they live in pain, anguish, torture, Satan, and all others that have choosen the wrong path during their lifetime. Now if you're wondering how Satan came about, it was like this... Satan used to be an angel, yes that's right, he lived with God. But he decided he should be able to rule heaven and earth, and God saw the evil in his heart, so he band him from heaven. Now tell me, would you rather live with God, all other ancestors that were Christian, or live in torture? Now the Bible tells us that we will be given a new body in heaven... one pure. And in heaven, there is no pain, no grieff... so the way I take this verse, I think it meens that we won't remember the family members that weren't Christian, because if we did remember them, we would know that they were in pain, and that would make us sad... but there is no Sorrow in heaven.
The REAL answer....
Ok guys this last answer has no Biblical proof behind it. The First answer however is pretty much right on...except for the part where the person contradicts themselves and says "the dead are dead and they cannot contact us" and then right under that it says that "dead people can and do contact us in our dreams".....of course, it cannot be both. The first one is correct in that the dead know nothing and they CANNOT contact us that are living. You might be asking "who then is it that appears to us as dead relatives and friends, maybe in our dreams or otherwise?"....think about this one....if the real dead cannot contact you, who else is there besides God that has the power to manifest himself into different shapes and who knows us very well???? Yes, that's right, its the devil himself. Be very wary if you think you are speaking with a dead person...its Satan and his demons trying to confuse you by making you turn away from the Bible (which says that the dead cannot contact us) and make you believe that infact the dead "can and do" contact us.....its all a lie given to us by the devil himself.
Spirits never die and they definitely contact you after they pass away and it is not demons or the devil. That information is pure ignorance and based on fear.......When a person passes they speak many times to you but you have to be very sensitive to be able to hear it and it can actually be very funny and it doesn't take you away from the Bible or GOD...It brings you closer to GOD and it actually helps you with the loss....There are many OUT DATED fearful people that should do some research and reading beyond the twisted way that they interpret the BIBLE.....There are many layers in reality and learning about them is not a bad idea....People who state things like the above paragraph are the kind of people that do things to others in the name of GOD and act as if it is perfectly fine because they found some line in the bible and they twist the view to their narrow minded viewpoint.....GOD IS love and that is it...The spirit never dies....Plain and simple do some research and you will find you would not be saying that when a person passes you can't hear them and they are dead....What an archaic way of understanding the world!
Well, I agree with the guy or girl above me. We cant hear them so we have to tune our selves to their level so we can hear them. But then again when someone goes to the other side, they can cross the veil that seperates the normal world with the spirit world.and as time goes on that veil starts to get thicker and it gets harder for the person that died to communicate with us, belive me they do alot to try and get our attention but were too busy working or doing something else to pa attention, like sylvia browne said "They want to contact us but theyre having to much fun and trying to understand whats going on to contact us. I recommened you read her book called "Temples on the other side" and itll give you some explanations and facts that you havent probaly heard before. Me i know there is an afterlife, we are all here on assignment to learn for god to feel emotions and to better ourselves in this earth, seriously, all of us that are living in this planet are brave, why? b/c this planet is called by the people back home (A.K.A other side) The dark planet, but i wont go into all of that read her book and many others and you wont think that were alone in this planet there is more than just our solar system, check out www.wingmakers.co.nz i think these guys are a race from another time if true they have some usefull information there as well. If any one has any questions feel free to message me at charkra6@AOL.com names Edward by the way.
There is a belief that we are reborn life after life depending on our past activities. There may be a small time gap in between which would account for "ghostly" sightings. We will be reborn perpetually until we turn our back on this material world, and then we may reach Heaven or as the Srimad Bhagavatam calls it Godhead. Therefore we may have been male or female in our past lives: plant or animal or fish or man. indeed, anything that breathes. This gives rise to the idea that we are all inter-related: breed and creed. So make the most of the living and treat every new person as a possible friend, for they may well have been in a previous life.
Because once someone dies they no longer exist. The Bible teaches that the dead are "conscious of nothing at all" and that their "thoughts do perish" after death (Psa 146:4--"His spirit goes out, he goes back to his ground; In that day his thoughts do perish"; Ecclesiates 9:5--"For the living are conscious they will die; but as for the dead they are conscious of nothing at all....") The dead are not able to contact us for this reason, however we do have the hope of seeing our loved ones again as the Bible holds out a resurrection hope for thise who have died (Acts 24:15--"and I have hope toward God, which hope these [men] themselves also entertain, that there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous."
I think some of you should read some risky books like "Thirty Years Among the Dead" and also watch a risky show called The Lisa Williams show on lifetime and then your
speculation would change about how you interpret the Bible...The spirit lives forever...
It really is that simple...It changes form...That is why some people can see ghosts
that have not moved on that is why people who die who do not have closure try to
communicate because when someone dies sometimes they need to help others with
closure....There are plenty of people who can tell you how they were communicated
to and plenty of very good books that talk all about the other side and plenty of
good good people that can communicate with the other side...It is a gift and the veil
is becoming thinner and thinner...Watch Supernatural and perhaps that would give
you some insights even though the show is basically fiction it takes a lot of real stuff
and puts it in their...there is nothing to fear it isn't DEMONS...Demons are very obvious
and very much like what you hear demons are like...Nothing stays the same...... Information
just keeps becoming more and more available if you have the courage and open
mindedness to educate yourself on these matters...It is not against God...It actually is
very much inline with God to know that the Spirit just lives forever.....
It depends, when a person dies, he can no longer add to his action record any good or evil, once he dies he begins to see the result of his actions in life, what a hard situation!
while lying in his grave, the human is rewarded or punished just like a sleeping person seeing dreams or nightmares, even if he is torn into parts or burned, GOD can let him taste it, this is when he is so busy worried about his degree in heaven or Hill.
The body dies, but the soul only transforms, till our bodies are returned back to us, a means known only by Allah, to taste that reward or punishment, our bodies then, have different properties than ours now, but not much different in faces.
in fact, the contact is not totally broken, a dead can come to you in dreams (and it is real) to ask your forgiveness, or to beg you give charity for him to save him from GOD's punishment, or you might see him in good health and happy, means he is rewarded for his good deeds, and he might give you an advice that benefits you in your life.
all this is a fact, even if you didn't see all this, the dead sees, hears and witnesses what happens to his beloved ones, but unable to take any action. He sees with the power of spirit/soul that makes his mud-born body has powers in his life, the soul that God gave to him when He blown unto him during creation.
When a human is killed for no excuse or legal punishment, his soul becomes unstable, imprisoned between heaven and earth screaming for revenge, its loudness is being heard from all creatures except humans, coz if they heard it, they would live in misery. until someone takes revenge for this soul, it then rests and gos up to heaven.