answersLogoWhite
Organic Chemistry

Why is milk used an antidote for lead poisoning?

123

Top Answer
User Avatar
SeraSmith
2020-07-08 19:15:52
2020-07-08 19:15:52

Milk is not an antidote for lead poisoning. Eating healthy foods that contain calcium such as Milk can help to prevent lead poisoning by reducing lead absorption.

123

Related Questions

User Avatar

Metals forms insoluble compounds with the proteins from milk.

User Avatar

Raw egg or milk is used as an antidote in cases of heavy metal ion poisoning to coat the lining of the mucus membranes. It acts as a protective covering to delay the absorption of the heavy metals.

User Avatar

White of egg Bonds to Hg by binding to sulfur containing proteins.

User Avatar

After these metallic compounds were ingested by a person, these will be distributed from the stomach. Egg white is considered to be an antidote for lead and mercury poisoning because these metallic compounds, instead of oxidizing our proteins and nucleic acid in our body, it will be oxidize by the albumin of the egg and be isolated and probably be taken off from our stomach.

User Avatar

Because the protein within them can solidify the lead nitrate, preventing it from being absorbed by your small intestines which can cause damage because you'll have lead in your blood.

User Avatar

it is easy answer from it it 96 coordinate in the energy thet you can get it from

User Avatar

Potential for lead poisoning

User Avatar

Tacca chantrieri is used by local healers to relieve pains of the body and stomach, and as an antidote for food poisoning

User Avatar

Lead can be used for a lot of things,but it is often used for pencils.However lead is toxic and you can die from lead poisoning.

User Avatar

White of egg Bonds to Hg by binding to sulfur containing proteins.

User Avatar

The strategies that have been used to prevent lead poisoning in children are encourage the families with children to change the paint in their houses. Paints from the back days used to have lead in them.

User Avatar

It tended to cause absorption of excessive lead into the system (lead poisoning), and its use has been banned in most countries. Lead can cause heavy-metal poisoning

User Avatar

Lead poisoning can cause brain damage and even death. We used to put lead in our gasoline and in our paint but have learned about its dangers and stopped those practices.

User Avatar

No. Lead used to be used in pencils but they stopped using it in them becasue of lead poisoning from pencils. Now they use graphite instead

User Avatar

Egg white albumin will bind with the toxic substances and will make them unable to be absorbable to your bloodstream, Then you either vomit them out or they'll just be flushed out together with your feces, with the toxic substances you've ingested.

User Avatar

No they are not the same thing. Lead used to be in pencils and now graphite is... The reason why graphite is being used is because of lead poisoning.

User Avatar

A metal which used to be used for piping but is still no longer used because of the risk of poisoning the warter supply? The metal you are referring to is called lead. The ancient Romans used to use lead for their piping. In fact, the Emperor Nero may have "fiddled while Rome burned" because had lead poisoning, which affects mental function.

User Avatar

As an antidote, egg white may be consumed by one who is suffering from lead or mercury poisoning to precipitate the poisonous metal. The metals are attracted are attracted to the disulfide bonds in proteins. The reaction of the heavy metal and the protein will usually lead to an insoluble metal protein salt. Once this reaction occurs, the metal salt becomes concentrated in the stomach and can be discharged from the body.

User Avatar

It really does not. Lead poisoning is usually caused by eating lead through paint. The Romans used lead plates and had issues that way.

User Avatar

Tin can poisoning was from the lead (metal) that used to be used to seal tin cans. It is no longer used.

User Avatar

Lead poisoning is caused by breathing in lead dust or ingesting lead in some way. Today little children can get lead poisoning if they put something coated with lead, say a toy colored with led paint, in their mouths. They sometimes eat lead chips of brightly colored paint. Adults can get lead poisoning by working with lead in some capacity, such as a person making stained glass, or by eating canned food that was packed in a lead lined can. (Although banned in the United States, lead lined cans for food are allowed in other parts of the world.) As for the relevancy of lead poisoning to ancient Rome, yes, the ancient Romans had the opportunities to contract lead poisoning big time. The pipes leading from the aqueducts to private homes and public fountains were made of lead. (the pipes in the aqueducts themselves were of more durable ceramic) The Romans also literally ate lead. They used lead as a sweetener, especially in wine. Many cosmetics were lead based as were the brightly colored glazes used in their ceramic dinnerware.

User Avatar

graphite ^ Wrong, that's another material used in a pencil which doesn't cause lead poisoning

User Avatar

An antidote is a medication used to counteract a poison. There are specific antidotes that need to be used for certain types of poison.


Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.