Bachelors Degrees

You are a student in australiai doing dimploma of softwer engineering in 1intitute and you want to go anywhere in US with dimploma credit?


Wiki User

Transferring credit for work already completed is always up to the receiving institution. For credits coming from outside of the US, it is somewhat unclear until the college or university makes their final decision. Most institutions within the US, do not have the expertise to evaluate credits from other countries, and leave the initial evaluation up to an official evaluation agency. The agency makes the recommendation, but the final decision still comes from the school. So there is no guarantee the credits will be accepted based on the evaluation agencies recommendation. For example of one such agency; the most widely used evaluation agency on the eastern coast of the US is the World Education Service (WES) located in New York, New York. First, I would recommend you choose a college or university of interest, and inquire about their transfer credit policy and regulations. To search for colleges and universities, read the following carefully and follow through on the link provided.

You can obtain this information by going to and using the sites College MatchMaker search engine, or you can also click on the related links section (College Board) indicated below this answer box, which will take you directly to the site. You can research colleges and universities by name, or by programs of study, or by geographical location, size, or combinations of part or all of them etc. The site will provide you with a list of institutions based on your request. It will give you the schools background, accreditation, degree offerings, programs of study, entrance requirements, tuition and fees, room and board, athletic programs etc. and a link to each institutions official web page. Make sure the college or university has a regional accreditation (most important). Practice navigating this site. It will be well worth the time and effort.