You went to get a job and a criminal check revealed a conviction for aggravated assault that you were never convicted of what do you need to do about it?

You can petition the court in the state that convicted you in an effort to have it expunged from your record.

To request the expungement of an offense from your STATE (not Federal) criminal record: You must have been exonerated, acquited, or served the complete term of your sentence - then you must file a petition/motion with the court of the state in which you were convicted (which may not necessarily be your current state of residence) - setting forth valid reason(s) why your request should be granted. A judge of that court will review your petition and the circumstances of your case and issue a ruling either granting or denying the request. AN EXPUNGEMENT IS NOT A PARDON! Expungement only removes the record of your offense from being viewable by the public. Law enforcement, the courts, and government agencies will always have access to your actual 'true' record.

FELONS CONVICTED IN STATE COURT OF STATE CRIMES: If your expungement is granted you will still remain subject to whatever restrictions your state and federal laws place on you (e.g.- voting rights - elective office - firearms/ammunition possession - etc). UNLESS - you are a resident of a state which completely or partially restores your "privileges" (you will have to do your own research to learn if these exceptions apply to your state).