You were diagnosed with carpal tunnel syndrome by a previous employer can you file a claim?

You were diagnosed by your EMPLOYER? (???) If you mean you were diagnosed by doctors employed by, or under contract to, your employer, you would have to produce a written, signed diagnosis to the Workmans Compensation Board examiners. After considering your case, they could award you a percentage amount commensurate with your disability.