Does the human body absorb water while swimming?
I weigh308-312 depending on the time of day. I started weighing myself before and after my daily 60-minute swim. I consistatly absorb approximately 7=10 pounds of weight in that hour. I swim about 3/4 mile in that hour period - breast, back and freestyle 30/30/30. I suspected I was absorbing a month ago when I went to my dr. appointment. I'd weighed that morning at the Y; then swam and went to my appointment to find the 12-pounds showing up on his scale. I attributed this to scale differences, the fact that I was clothed and wearing shoes. I began weighing before and after and sure enough, because of my over-sized human "sponge", I absord perportionately. I suppose someone "smaller"; leaner BMI might absorb somewhat less... a 150lb man might only pick up 2-3lbs water??? I will continue to mintor.
3 people found this useful
Water is primarily absorbed in two places: 1) during digestion, water is primarily absorbed in the small intestine (90%), the remaining water (10%) is absorbed by the large… intestine. 2) during filtration of the blood in the kidneys, water is reabsorbed in the nephron hope that points you in the right direction.
because microwaves heat up water and there is water in your body, microwaves can also penetrate your skin.
This med is an NSAID. If administered PO, this med is absorbed in the gut and very quickly progresses through plasma, concetrating in synovial fluids. In fact, chronic applica…tion showed nearly double the plasma level of the drug in the synovial fluid (of the knee mostly). This med is very protein-bound. It metabolizes mostly in the kidneys into the main metabolite, 4`-hydroxyaceclofenac, and is excreted 80% through urine and 20% through feces.
water and a few remaining minerals are absorbed in the large intestine
It's absorbed in the small intestine & then it's put into blood to provide energy around the body.
Why the human living body is drowning in the water but why dead body of the human is swimming on the surface of the water give the scientific reason?
There is oxygen in the body which is lighter than water thus the body rising up to the surface of the water
The majority of them are absorbed in the colon.
Oil will adhere to many surfaces. Many natural materials such as straw, grass, coconut husks, wood chips and mats made of hair will absorb oil. I have included links to some o…f the manufacturers of commercial sponges and chemical products. These links may be more promotional than factual, as I don't believe there is any product that will absorb only oil. There are many materials that will have an oil preference. When a small spill occurs in calm water, particularly a harbor, lake or river, use of containment booms and absorbing material may be effective. Also, absorbents can be effective for soaking up land spills. See related links.
The blood stream. Kidney. Liver. Brain. All depends on the drug. Acid- Spinal cord. Marijuana - Lungs Coke - Brain Alcohol = Blood stream = Liver
most water is absorbed in the stomach and large intestines
Because humans don't have the enzyme called cellulase which functions in the breaking down of cellulose.
Skin of a human? I don't know, you tell me, how often do you get in the pool and absorb the water?...yeah...
no, buoyancy is when something floats on water