What would you like to do?
Arizona is one of the more liberal states. They are generally not more restrictive than the U.S. federal government. So, children 14 and older can work in Arizona. (Federal Department of Labor prohibits kids under 14 years old from working in most formal jobs.) Here are a few notes about Arizona:
- A.R.S. 23-233 restricts the hours that youths under the age of sixteen (16) can work.
- No one under the age of sixteen (16) can work more than three (3) hours on a school day when enrolled in school on a day when school is in session, eight (8) hours on a non-school day for a total of eighteen (18) hours per week.
- No one under the age of sixteen (16) can work before 6:00 a.m. or after 9:30 p.m. when there is school the next day. When there is no school the next day they can work until 11:00 p.m.
- When school is not in session or when the person is not enrolled in school they can work eight (8) hours per day for a total of forty (40) hours per week. They can not work before 6:00 a.m. or after 11:00 p.m. when school is not in session or when the person is not enrolled in school.
- Youths under the age of sixteen (16) can not be employed in solicitation sales or door- to-door solicitation after 7:00 p.m.
93 people found this useful
Was this answer useful?
Thanks for the feedback!
Answer Well 14 is under the age for work unless he gets a summer job or does chores or somthing like that.
Answer safeway is the only place I think. That is where I am going to work and I am 14. I have called the manager and he said they do employ minors, 14+.
Okay so, In AZ you can work at many places like Safe Way and stuff like that! Movies theaters, ball parks, that general stuff
i know that dariy queen will hire at 14 for one job, but i havn't looked into it very much... but yes dariy queen does hire a 14.
Tucson. I need a housekeeper and someone to tend the horses. Olsage@yahoo
You have to be 14 years old to get a job in arizona. Any age less than 14 you can not get a job.
If you ar competent, devoted, capable, qualified, willing and in need of employment a job of some kind is surely available. It may not be what you think you need, want or are …qualified for, but it is a start. Ask your priest, pastor, teacher, counselor or trusted neighbor for help.
I know Safeway is Definitely (thats where i work) & I've heard people saying Subway & Dairy Queen also hire at 15.
there is no way because ten year olds are to young for some reason i think age doesent mader. i know that because i am ten
yes. although people probably wont hire you
I think you will have to wait until you are at least fourteen
A 14 year old can get a job as a camp counselor, during the summer. 14 year olds may also be able to babysit or be a pet sitter.
14 .. none 14 1/2 - jack in the box - taco bell - mcdonalds - harkins theaters
Absolutely nowhere. It's child labor. You have to be 16 to work anywhere.
In Animal Life
There are lots of places hiring 15 year old's for summer jobs. Like lifeguards, or even sometimes those small family owned businesses. A popular place that 15 year olds would …work at would be Mcdonalds or something. I'm almost 15 myself so i hope i can get one of these jobs over the summer :D
You will have to do odd jobs for neighbors, etc. until you can get a work permit. You can clean up by babysitting.
13 year olds who live in Scottsdale, Arizona can teach sports skills to children or work as camp counselors. They can also pet sit or watch homes for people on vacation.