What would you like to do?
Who are the actors in the movie Mash?
- Donald Sutherland as Capt. Hawkeye Pierce
- Elliott Gould as Capt. John Francis Xavier "Trapper John" McIntyre
- Tom Skerritt as Capt. Augustus Bedford "Duke" Forrest
- Sally Kellerman as Major Margaret "Hot Lips" Houlihan
- Robert Duvall as Major Frank Burns
- Roger Bowen as Lt. Col. Henry Braymore Blake
- René Auberjonois as Father John Patrick "Dago Red" Mulcahy
- John Schuck as Capt. Walter Koskiusko "The Painless Pole" Waldowski, DDS
- Carl Gottlieb as Capt. John "Ugly John" Black
- Danny Goldman as Capt. Murrhardt
- Corey Fischer as Capt. Dennis Patrick Bandini
- Jo Ann Pflug as Lt. Maria "Dish" Schneider
- Indus Arthur as Lt. Leslie
- Dawne Damon as Capt. Scorch
- Tamara Wilcox-Smith as Capt. Bridget "Knocko" McCarthy
- David Arkin as SSgt. Wade Douglas Vollmer/PA Announcer. (Note: In the movie, Duke called him "Lee".)
- Gary Burghoff as Cpl. Walter "Radar" O'Reilly
- Ken Prymus as Pvt. Seidman
- Fred Williamson as Capt. Oliver Harmon "Spearchucker" Jones
- Michael Murphy as Capt. Ezekiel Bradbury "Me Lay" Marston IV
- Timothy Brown as Cpl. Judson
- Bud Cort as Pvt. Lorenzo Boone
- G. Wood as Brig. Gen. Charlie Hammond
- Kim Atwood as Ho-Jon
- Dale Ishimoto as Korean doctor
- Bobby Troup as Sgt. Gorman
5 people found this useful
Was this answer useful?
Thanks for the feedback!
Gary Burghoff who played Radar O'Reilly was in both.
There were two actors who appeared in both the M*A*S*H movie and the TV series, maintaining the same roles:. Gary Burghoff (Radar O'Reilly) . G. Wood (Brigadier General Hamm…ond - but in only three episodes)
There were four actors who appeared in both the M*A*S*H movie and the TV series. Two of them who maintained the same roles were: . Gary Burghoff (Radar O'Reilly) . G. Wood …(Brigadier General Hammond) The other two who were in both but took on different roles were: . Timothy/Tim Brown (Corporal Judson in the film and Spearchucker Jones in the series) . John Fujioka (an uncredited Japanese Golf Pro in the film, and in three different episodes as three different characters - Colonel Kim, Duc Phon Jong and a peasant)
1970 comedy/drama about life in a Korean War field hospital . Donald Sutherland as Capt. B.F. 'Hawkeye' Pierce . Elliott Gould as Capt. John 'Trapper' McIntyre . Tom Sker…ritt as Capt. Augustus 'Duke' Forrest . Sally Kellerman as Maj. Margaret O'Houlihan . Robert Duvall as Maj. Frank Burns . Roger Bowen as Lt. Col. Henry Blake . Rene Auberjonois as Lt. Father Mulcahy
I think I saw him as one of the guards, standing against the wall, as the two main characters were going into the Col office when they went to Kokura Japan to do surgery.
What do you mean, what happened to him? He survived his "suicide attempt" if that's what you mean!
Klinger is original to the TV series and did not appear in the movie.
Roger Bowen played Lt. Col. Henry Braymore Blake in the 1970 MASH movie.
The music was written and performed by Johnny Mandel while the eerie lyrics of "Suicide Is Painless" were written by Mike Altman, the 14 year old son of the film's director. …"Painless" was the dentist, played by John Schuck.
The role of Capt. Walter Koskiusko "The Painless Pole" Waldowski, DDS was played by John Schuck .
Gary Burghoff (Radar O'Reilly) 156 episodes. G. Wood (General Hammond) 3 episodes. Timothy Brown (Film: Cpl. Judson, Series: Spearchucker Jones) 6episodes