Why did God make homosexuals?
Religious Explanations for Homosexuality Please note that this question asks about why God made homosexuals, so it assumes that the person asking and answering the question share a common faith in God. See the related question for scientific explanations of homosexuality. Even though this question assumes a common faith in God, not everyone who believes in God shares the same beliefs about homosexuality. Here are some different viewpoints.
- It isn't possible for us to identify all possible situations where all possible behaviors can be significant, but if you believe in a Creator, it's quite easy to imagine He/She would be able to identify the need for this kind of diversity, without putting judgment on the need to have the behavior included in the repertoire of human behaviors. Our problem is, some people become judgmental when facing what they do not understand.
- This is a question that never can be truly answered and opinions can only be given. It's like saying "why does God allow babies to die at birth" or "why does God let good and honest people die by the hands of a murderer." I know I'm going to get my backside kicked on this one, but so be it. I am a Christian. This is strictly MY opinion on the matter. I do believe that most gays (some choose to be gay at a later date) are truly born this way. After all, we are created from the same substance as stars and our bodies are full of hormones. My theory is that some people have more of one hormone than another. No one has the right to chastise or cause pain towards ANYONE that is different be it sexually or racially. I was brought up that we are ALL God's children. To pick on or condemn a gay person or a person of a different color is a slap in God's face. HE is the only one that has the right to decide whether it's right or wrong. If one is a Christian then they must believe that no matter if they feel it's right or wrong regarding gays they do not have the right to harm or belittle anyone that is gay. I also find that people that protest the loudest against gays are simply afraid of the unknown. There is nowhere in the Bible that mentions gays are not acceptable. It does say "and man shall be with woman" but, also in the Bible it does mention gay activity (as we understand it today.)
- God "made" homosexuals for the same reason He made other sinners. From Adam and Eve we have been given the right '''and''' responsibility to choose for ourselves whom we would follow: God, or our own wisdom. Adam chose poorly, and this world has suffered for it ever since. The side question to all this is whether homosexuality is something one is born with, or if it is the result of decisions made afterward. Given the number of people I know personally who have '''chosen''' to leave the homosexual lifestyle for a heterosexual one, I have to say that not all homosexuals are "born that way," and therefore have zero responsibility in their choices. By the same token, heterosexuals are just as "born that way" towards desiring the opposite gender, but the responsibility of choice on what to do with that desire is there as well. Matthew 13:24-30 provides a parable that may help explain why God allows certain things to happen; Jesus explains the parable in verses 36-42. See the Related Links for links to these verses.
- God created homosexuals so they would provide valuable services, such as , food gathering, protection from attack/predators, production of goods/services for their society, while at the same time not increase the burden on that society by bringing into it more children in need of care, food and protection from attack.
- God does not make sinners - He makes people, and people choose to sin. God created man in his own image , but that has nothing to do with God creating homosexuals, because God is not a homosexual. God is in fact heterosexual, and therefore anything created in his image would also be heterosexual, not homosexual.)) We are placed on the earth with agency, or the ability to act for ourselves. God does not force anyone to do anything. The way you are is the way you have decided to be. Does God make people sin? No. He teaches us why we should not sin. So why would God make someone be homosexual? In the Bible we read the account of when He destroyed the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah. Why? Because they were all sinners and it was better for them to die then to continue sinning and making themselves worse. So what was their sin? The Bible says that it was two main things: Homosexuality and Bestiality (also called Sodomy, receiving its name from this biblical city). So if God destroyed those cities for being homosexuals, why would He make people homosexuals? He doesn't. It's your choice, and he wants everyone, including homosexuals to repent and return to Him.
- This assumes belief that a deity exists. Without belief in a deity the answer is rather simple. The cause of homosexuality is identical to the cause of heterosexuality.
- The Bible is God's word, the truth, and a guide as to living in this material world, and nowhere in the bible does it agree with homosexuality. We cannot bend the teaching of the bible to accommodate our likes and dislikes, but in fact that is what people do. You should read what the Bible says about homosexuality and then repent of your sins and be forgiven.
- Readers should be aware that the foregoing opinions on homosexuality represent just a few of the many viewpoints embraced by the various organized religions. Indeed, some religions openly accept homosexuality while many others tacitly condone it. Most stop well short of equating homosexuals with "perverts, child molesters and murderers."
- God created homosexuals, or gay people as some say, as a means of population control.
- When God created us, He created us to have free will and choices. and to make our own decisions. That's why when you sin or make a wrong decision, he doesn't strike lightning down on you. He simply lets you pay for what you did with natural consequences.
- God didn't create homosexuals, but created humans with free will and choice. Those people just made the decision to like the same sex. There's nothing wrong with it.
82 people found this useful
YES!. 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 says, "Don't you realize that those who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Don't fool yourselves. Those who indulge in sexual sin, or wh…o worship idols, or commit adultery, or are male prostitutes, or practice homosexuality , or are thieves, or greedy people, or drunkards, or are abusive, or cheat people-none of these will inherit the Kingdom of God. Some of you were once like that. But you were cleansed ; you were made holy; you were made right with God by calling on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God ." . God can, will, and does forgive the sin of homosexuality. All you have to do is call on His name and ask for forgiveness. . A comment: the word "homosexual" was created in the 19th century. It does not occur in the Bible. Any translation of the text that uses the word is therefore distorting the original. A number of religions do not consider homosexuality a sin. . A: . Homosexual acts should not be considered a sin. Accepting that people can be attracted to the same sex but not allowing them to commit the physical act of love is basically saying "it's O.K. to be gay, you just can't be gay." If the physical act of love defines our sexuality then saying it is wrong for homosexuals to have sex is basically saying "suppress your sexuality." You can be attracted to the same sex but you must NEVER act on that attraction. Basically you have to pretend those attractions don't exist. It's denying them a sexuality. . Answer: . God will forgive any sin repented of. . Paul wrote: "Let him that stole steal no more..." (Eph.4:28). It's true of the other nine sins of breaking God's Ten Commandments also. . Homosexuality is perverse adultery... and is forgivable if repented of, departed from, and mercy and forgiveness sought of the Lord.
You will get a variety of answers, depending on which religious person you ask, which sort of proves that if God said anything, he/she/it wasn't very clear. . There is lots o…f evidence that homosexuality is at least partly genetic, which - if you're a believer - means that God created us. "And God saw that it was good." Actually, since I've had to debate this my entire life with heterosexual, fundamentalists....They are only a few [passages in the Bible that can even remotely be construed as anti-homosexual. Many scholars say these passages are being misinterpreted, or, were put into the Bible during the Dark Ages. War & disease was responsible for so many deaths in the Dark Ages, that it wasn't logical for the clergy to celebrate homosexuality. Many believe this is when homophobia really started. However, Jesus never talked about homosexuality in any of His sermons. This is of particular interest, because He talks about everything else, i.e., thievery, murder, adultery, gambling, prostitution etc. That should be evidence enough to persuade Christians from currently persecuting gays. Also, in the ancient Hebrew language, there were only 15,000 words. None of those words spoke of homosexuality, hence it was not in the original Bible.
That they are the same as everyone else.
A: Nope, people are Born gay and can not be changed to being straight, God had them be born gay for a reason so don't try to over ride His will. A: Homosexuality is a c…urse from God, put onto those that were evil and has probably carried down to their decedents or been put onto those that are evil. . Romans 1:24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. . Romans 1:25 They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator -- who is forever praised. Amen. . Romans 1:26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts.Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. Romans 1:27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the DUE PENALTY for their perversion. Answer: Of course, God can deliver people from it. Homosexuality is not the so-called "unpardonable sin." Homosexuality is lustful, perverse adultery... which is a sin... but a transgression against God's law from which one can repent and turn away... and for which one can be forgiven. The natural carnal mind of man is naturally subject to the lusts of the flesh, but a human spirit awakened by God... and with His knowledge and understanding... can, by His Power, learn to struggle against and overcome the pulls of the flesh and the world. Contrary to popular belief, there is no 'gay gene.' People are taught their perversions by other people and the society they're born into. The scripture says that "God gave them over to shameful lusts..." [He let them do what men guided by Satan do]. Adam and Eve chose in the beginning the god they and their children would worship. And man does the things his god does. They pervert whatever God has made. For now, God is allowing it. But when the time is right, He will "deliver" the world from its perverse god and all his ways. He can and will do it.
In all honesty, its an abomination to God. However, homosexuality is like any other sin (for example adultery) and no sin is too big for G-d. Once you are born-again, God will… gradually deliver you from homosexuality and start making you more Christ-like and more how He intended you to be. I know it has come across that Christianity totally hates homosexuals etc, but that's not the right way to put in my opinion. Yes, God does hate all sin, including homosexuality BUT He loved YOU so much that He would take on flesh and die a brutal death to take on your punishment for your sins, all he asks is for you to believe in Him, love Him, become His child, and follow him. Give God a chance ;-) He's worked wonders in my life. I too, was on the verge of becoming a full fledged homosexual (lesbian) but God saved me just right on time, we both worked it out together and it was a process of deliverance and God has changed me totally. Now I'm a follower of Christ and earnestly waiting for His return :-) I'm VERY happy. Please give God a chance, He's real and He loves you. He wants to be your Papa.
If god made everyone, then he made gay people (who do not choose their sexuality). "And god saw everything that he had made, and it was good."
God is very important. The creator of all things, to be exact. Capitalize his name, please!
No. God loves ALL his children he is perfect and he makes everyonein his image so he made some people gay and that was his plan. Youdon't punish something that you created.
Answer: God doesn't say homosexuality is a sin. The word "homosexuality"isn't in the Bible. He says: "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination …." (Lev.18:22) " Abomination ": "( tebel ") --mixture, i.e. unnatural bestiality: KJV--confusion." (Literal Biblew/Strong's Definitions) " Sin " is defined in the Bible as the transgression[breaking] of the Ten Commandments ["... Sin is the transgression of the law ." -- I John 3:4]. Under the heading of "sexual sin"... the Commandment says thatillicit sex [adultery] between a man and a woman is " sin ." Homosexuality is [confusion]... the"disgusting," abominable [unnatural bestial] perversion of sex,that God created. Homosexuality transcends mere "sin." It's toovile and unthinkable to dignify by mentioning it among the normal,plain old "detestable" sins enumerated in the Commandments, thewages of which earn us death. "Do not defile yourselves in any of these ways, because this is howthe nations that I am going to drive out before you became defiled.Even the land was defiled; so I punished it for its sin, and theland vomited out its inhabitants. But you must keep My decrees andMy laws. The native-born and the aliens living among you must notdo any of these detestable things, for all these things were doneby the people who lived in the land before you, and the land becamedefiled. And if you defile the land, it will vomit you out as itvomited out the nations that were before you." (Lev.18:24-28 NIV ) Jewish Answer . The Hebrew word tevel ×ª××, (not tebel) doesn'tappear in Leviticus 18:22. The real Hebrew word in Lev 18:22 is to'evah (×ª××××) which means "unkosher" or"inappropriate for a Jewish person." Jewish people do not believethis law applies to non-Jews. Also, sex is never actually mentionedin that verse; it is implied, leaving us with multipleinterpretations. Furthermore, Unlike Jews, Christians believe they can impose theirown interpretations of God's laws on people who are not part oftheir faith. As proof of this: most Jewish denominations interpretthis verse to refer to rape for the purpose of humitilation. It isalso talking about heterosexual men, who are definitely prohibitedby the law from engaging in same-sex behavior. But since Christiansdo not have a culture of considering other viewpoints, they can'tconceive of the fact that God's laws might have more than oneinterpretation, intentionally keeping it flexible, in order thatthe law can still apply in future generations. See related links, where Rabbi Stephen Greenberg discussesleviticus 18:22.
yes, god does see homosexuality as "detestable" as written in the bible, but understand this. he thinks that about homosexuality, NOT the person committing the act but the act… itself. God loves each and every one of us as a father would love his children. He would never say that one of his children is an abomination, even if we fall short of his glory. nobody is perfect.
If God made ALL people, then homosexuals would be included.
God does not hate. Period. People have made this statement for their own purposes and beliefs. A large number of these people are in fact gay and refuse to admit to it. They p…reach against it which is self hate and they think if they are loud enough, no one will suspect the of being gay.
It depends on which god and which religion you are talking about.Different religions have different views on homosexuality. It is very dangerous to speak on behalf of God, bu…t I feel that Godloves everyone, and is more concerned with war and suffering, thanhe is with how people have orgasms.
Most people who believe in God, believe that God is against bad choices. Since homosexuality is not a choice, It's hard to support the idea that God is against homosexuality. … People believe many different things about God, but most people believe God is against bad choices. Since homosexuality is not a choice, most people believe God is not against it.
Your right God hates homosexuality but God didn't createhomosexuals. God doesn't force people to obey Him and this kind ofbehaviour is a result of people turning away from God… and His ways. Romans 1:24 - 27 Therefore God also gave them up touncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor theirbodies among themselves, who exchanged the truth of God for thelie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator,who is blessed forever. Amen. For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even theirwomen exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman,burned in their lust for one another, men with men committingwhat is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of theirerror which was due. After many generations of living with no regard for God mankind iscapable of any form of iniquity and perversion and accepts this as'normal' behaviour