What would you like to do?
The following are several views regarding this question:
- Written language is a form of expressing oneself in a given language. In other words, it is supposed to express the idea of the communicator only in the form that the language admits and allows. This is so there can be some touch of universality to the idea expressed. English language, for instance, is a universal language; therefore it has and should have a universal appeal in its writing. That the popular and universally-accepted mode of writing changes because of new technologies only belies the importance of these technologies in improving our writing skills. Writing and literary forms, which have been with us for so long, and have shaped our communication intellectually, should not have to vary whenever e-mailing or texting messages. Normal abbreviations should be used when necessary. Writing is still an invaluable instrument of literary creativity.
- It is helping people to write because it's so simple and sometimes it is a lot of work to synthesize words and numbers and that produces thought and creativity which produces more writing.
- If texting and email culture is an offshoot to the cultural logic of late capitalism, or globalization which signifies the commodification of everything, then texting and email is developing a new breed of people who prey on convenience. The effort required for writing is forsaken. Also, there was a study conducted at Cambridge that texting interferes with students' ability to spell correctly, and to formulate grammatically correct sentences.
- Texting and email ARE written language, although they may be very far from literature! It was long predicted that radio and TV would cause the permanent demise of literature. This hasn't been true. Although visual media are popular, more books are being published and purchased than at any time in history.
- I think texting is hurting social behavior more than it is the English language. Many of the abbreviations in texting started with instant messaging. If used correctly, texting is a great tool that can be used to speed up communication. For instance, I can send a quick message to my wife ... coming home. Or can ask a question of someone through a text who is usually difficult to get a hold of. Since people carry their phones with them almost everywhere they go, this creates a nice convenience. Finally, pay as you go texting plans are not destroying writing skills. I believe it is more our education system along with parents who are failing our kids when it comes to writing skills. We should do better with or without texting.
98 people found this useful
Was this answer useful?
Thanks for the feedback!
A business email it needs to have: a formal language but more direct, it needs to be starting with dear.............. and at the end on the le…ft side it must be regards with the name of the sender below it finally I've got to say that the email body has to be splitted in tree parts: the first one will regard the porpose or the problem. the second one will regard the solution. the third one will regard the ending it is more about the thanks, invites to review or to raply etc.
Text to self reminds you of an experience in your life
Just Delete it
meghan is buddist litrature
It doesn't destroy literature.
Yes it is, and some of the best of any language can be found in some sections of its literature.
Pali, a close relative of Sanskrit.
Seeming as its British it would be English, unless of coarse you are in Wales then it would be written in welsh.
Philology is the study of ancient languages and written texts.
Really - No, it is not. Technically - The use of words murdered into smaller, bloody piles of themselves (ie 'whatever' into 'w/e') was NOT brought around with texting. Howe…ver texting has made it more popular to the general masses instead of the gamers who made it all up in order to save time. TD:LR of that is, gamers made it, public abused it. Enjoy ur english!
It is called vernacular.
from your teacher's answer book
Vernacular is the language of everyday speech in a particular region
Currently Buddhist texts can be found in most modern languages. The original language the Buddhists texts were in were either Sanskrit (an early Indian language) or Pali (a la…tter Indian language).
language of literature is any language written or oral in a sense that it adds to more deeper meaning of the passages that was contained in the literary pieces.