Can you imagine life without a mobile phone? From the large Motorola StarTAC of the 90s to Apple's sleek and smart iPhone, mobile phones have transformed into an absolute necessity in today's connected world. Ask questions about these ubiquitous devices here.
What is a topic sentence for cell phone?
The cell phone is a good way to talk to people over sea's or if you dont want to go and see people you call them.
My Galaxy Note 8 was thrown and the screen got cracked. The phone works but the screen doesnt react to touch but the fingerprint sensor still worked. It randomly turned off a few minutes after. Is all my data still there or did i lose it all?
What is Mindless Behavior's official fan phone number?
There is currently no official fan phone number for Mindless
Behavior available, however see the related question below for
Mindless Behavior's official fan mail address.
What does WYD mean in texting?
WYD is the abbreviation for 'What you doing' when texting.
What is Selena Gomez's official fan phone number?
Selena Gomez does not have an official fan phone number. For fan contact information, you may try the celebrity's official website or those of her fan groups. You can also send her fan mail at her official fan mail address.
Fan Mail Address:
Studio Fan Mail Service
1122 S. Robertson Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90035
ok i have it it is 214-get a life cuz im her biggest fan so ha and i really do hav it
What does IG mean when you are texting?
In text code, "ig" means I guess.
What are the advantages of a mobile phone?
Small and Convenient
Photos and Video
Fashion and Self-Expression
What is meaning of SOS?
It refers to the international distress signal in continuous wave (CW) radio.
The Marconi Yearbook of Wireless Telegraphy and Telephony , 1918 states, "This signal [SOS] was adopted simply on account of its easy radiation and its unmistakable character. There is no special signification in the letter themselves, and it is entirely incorrect to put full stops between them [the letters]."
All the popular interpretations of "SOS" -- "Save Our Ship," "Save Our Souls," or "Send Out Succor" -- are simply not accurate, although they may provide a useful mnemonic for recalling the code during times of stress.
Stations hearing this distress call were to immediately cease handling traffic until the emergency was over and were likewise bound to answer the distress signal.
Another thing to note is that when sent correctly SOS is not the three letters "S O S", but only one character consisting of 9 pulses.
What does brb mean in text message mean?
brb in text means be right back
What is the difference between SMS and MMS text messages?
SMS only allows you to send text. MMS allows you to send pictures, sounds, videos, text, or any combination of the four.
MMS message can carry a larger size of content up to 300KB in extensions of WAV, JPEG, Gif etc. You can find more information about it on the link below.
How do you remove write protection from a mini SD card?
Removing the Write Protection Depends on the Source of the Problem.
Broadly speaking, it can be any of the following scenarios
- There is a write-protection tab on the mini sd card HOLDER. Every time you insert this into your PC or card holder, this tab slides to the write protect position. Either keep resetting, inserting & reinserting until it doesn't slide or tape it down.
- There is nothing wrong with the mini sd card. Simply locate the write protection key and push it.
- The mini sd card has some error: Go for a low level formatting.
- The card has virus: Remove the virus. The link for the steps is present in the related link at the bottom of the article.
There is an easy way to solve this problem: Simply put the yellow lock in the middle of its slider. No sticky tape required, as shown below. But if your still having the same problem i suggest you try the sticky tape.
Problem is only that small moveable yellow lock switch is not making, just put sellotape over it maybe two layers needed to make switch.
Even though what is written below may work, the problem is probably that on the card reader (if you have one) there is a small switch that has lock written on the side. If this is pushed down, the drive is write protected, push it in the opposite direction and it may fix your problem I had the same problem with several cards but eventually found a way around it. DON'T buy a new one!
Make sure the SD card lock is 'off' and then use thin, opaque sticky tape (ie non see-through; eg insulation tape) to cover the whole gap but keep clear of the metal contacts at the back.
Your card should work fine now.
- Reason #1: The mechanical lock switch accidentally moves to the "locked" position during insertion due to the poor quality of the switch. Hence, by taping it, you are actually preventing the lock switch to travel towards the lock position. i.e. downwards.
- Reason #2: If the above fails, it is likely your SD card reader/writer's fault. But don't discard it or buy a new one yet. Allow me to explain the mechanical design of the SD card lock mechanism. So that you may choose to repair it if you want to. You will need a small paper clip and screw-driver to open your card reader. (Don't proceed if your card reader is still under warranty, please return/exchange with manufacturer) There is a mechanical switch very much like a micro push button (I wish I could show you the picture/drawing). Anyway, depending on the position of the lock switch. You either push or release this micro push button inside the SD card reader.
Due to mechanical wear and tear, or some forceful insertion of the SD card, the micro push button is in its "open" circuit position, i.e. write-protected. In order to make the SD card reader writable, we will need to "close" the circuit. (Note: this is an irreversible process as I will be telling you how to remove the write-protection feature of your SD card reader. Once you do this, you would be unable to use the SD card lock switch to lock your data. So, just be careful not to accidentally delete your data)
To proceed, you need to remove the main circuit board from the SD card reader/writer enclosure. The location of the micro push button switch is the same location as the unlock position of the SD card when inserted in the SD card reader/writer. From the BACK of the exposed SD card reader, insert the unfolded paper clip (same way when you try to poke something like a device reset button) except, that it has to be long enough to allow the micro switch to touch together for contact. Then insert the SD card. Once the contact is "closed", your SD card reader/writer can write again. I understand that without a drawing, this may not be very helpful. Please provide suggestions or better explanation if you can. Thanks.
Or, just tape the lock switch to unlocked. This also works for SD cards in normal size. back up all the files u have on ur card then follow these steps
1. Go to Control Panel
2. Go to Administrative tools
3. Go to Computer management
4. From the tree menu on the left select Disk Management
5. Now on the right side you will have a list of all storage devices connected to your computer. Select the one that is your mini SD card. BE CAREFUL WHEN CHOOSING THIS BECAUSE YOU COULD FORMAT YOUR HARDDRIVE. Double check the name in My Computer
6. Right click on the SD card and select format. A new window will pop up showing format options. Select FAT32 from the file system drop down and check the quick format option and then click on OK
7. Enjoy your mini SD card without that annoying write protection
What is One Direction's official fan phone number?
An official fan phone number is not known for One Direction at this time. Many celebrities do not have phone numbers for fans to call; however, you can write to One Direction at their official fan mail address found on the Related Question.
How do you register online in Didi no 1 season 3?
i want to participate Didi no-1
What is that scary movie called where you get a phone call and then you die?
You may be thinking of The Ring, or Scream.
It may also be One Missed Call. If so, be sure to rent the original Japanese version of this movie, because the American version is godawful.
How do you format a Nokia E72?
Press 4 bottons at the same time: 3 + * + call + power.
What is the telephone code of Scotland?
Which town in Scotland ? OR do you mean to dial Scotland from outside the UK. If that's the case - then you use country code +44 BUT remember to omit the first zero from the area code.
For example - say you were calling the Edinburgh number 0131 496 0018, you would dial:
00 44 131 496 0018 from Ireland
011 44 131 496 0018 from the USA
What does rd en mean in text slang?
What is the nokia 2323 security code?
if you have forgot the code , go to the shop of nearest service center and get it unlocked ,
or do the flashing of your device.
How can you look up the serial number of a firearm - to find out if it is stolen - before purchasing it?
- Call your local police/sheriff and ask them to check it for you. They will need the serial number, manufacturer, model, and caliber. This is important, since the same number may have been used by different manufacturers. Some manufacturers may have used the same number ranges for different product lines.
If you are unsure what kind of gun it is, check with a gunsmith or a gun dealer. Do not rely on the police to figure that out; they are law enforcement professionals, not firearms experts.
If the gun has no serial number - due to being produced before this was required - but is unique in some way, police may still have it listed as stolen property, but it's a long shot.
- The NCIC (National Crime Information Center) database contains, among other things, information on stolen firearms but it is only accessible by law enforcement. This is likely what the local police will check, along with their own lists of stolen property and evidence.
- Be aware that most law enforcement agencies will not give you information over the phone. They would, at the very least, like to know your identity to make sure you are not a thief checking to see if the gun is "hot". In some cases it may be a violation of state law to give out information from criminal history databases.
- Another option is user submitted databases such as www.hotgunz.com and www.stolenweapon.com. These sites allow gun theft victims to voluntarily report their stolen firearm and search for stolen gun serial numbers. Such databases are not all encompassing as they are not linked with NCIC, but still worth a look.
- Should the gun be determined to be stolen, you will most likely have to surrender it to the police. Be prepared to answer lots of questions regarding how and where you bought it. Police have a great deal of interest in people selling stolen property.
- If the gun appears to have had a serial number at one time, but it is ground off, or otherwise defaced - get away from the person trying to sell it to you as fast as possible. It is almost guaranteed to be either stolen or used in a crime. Removing serial numbers from a firearm is a Federal crime in itself, and if police discover such a gun in your possession, you have a very real chance of being convicted.
- Many stolen guns cannot be identified because the owner didn't know the serial number, didn't report the theft, or it is an older gun without a number.
- This website might be helpful: www.planetsoftware.com.au/gunreg You can only enter a serial number. The serial number on a gun is only unique for a particular manufacturer's model. If you have Winchester Model 94 serial #xxxxx and enter that serial number, you will get a hit if a Smith & Wesson revolver with that number is on the list.
- Again, local law enforcement is your best bet. They have access to the lists of stolen property and the Canadian Firearms Registry.
How do you convince your parents you should be homeschooled?
Do a search for homeschool high schools. There are many accredited high schools that offer regular high school diplomas to homeschooled children. They also offer classes, online and through distance learning. Your mom or dad would simply have to supervise you and provide structured time for you to complete the assignments sent by the school.
- Go online or to your local library and research information on homeschooling for your parents to read. Although, the ultimate decision will be left up to your parents.
As a homeschooled student, I know it as a fact that parents don't have to have a Ph.D to homeschool. My mom, who is a single mom, homeschools my sister and me *and* has two jobs, is absolutely horrible at math, science, and English; yet I maintain an A in all my subjects but algebra, in which I maintain a satisfactory C. (-:
The best time to ask for complicated changes in schooling from parents is when you have set an appointment with them. Sit quitely with both of them when they are rested and calm at the appointed time. Then, ask them to be home schooled giving your various reasons. Be sure to listen carefully to their concerns and to reply respectfully. Try to understand their point of views and they will be more respectful of yours.
Well, I'm in the process of trying to get homeschooled as a freshman right now. This site really is helping as I read it because I hate my school right now. I'm actually trying to make a PowerPoint on why I should be home schooled and from reading all these other topics, it really does make me feel like I have a shot.
I've just got the problem that my parents are divorced, and my mom says yes, she's behind me 100%, but my dad is just saying no.
i homeschooled till third grade, and now I'm a freshmen and I've hated school the whole time I've been in the system.
That's so akward, my parents are also divorced. I homeschooled in the third through forth grade until they got divorced -- I returned to my great private school, then this year (9th grade) I got through the first semester at my public school alright, but... the system sucks. :|
I haven't proposed my opinion to my dad (although it will be my mom's decision in the end), and I have to work on an actual curriculum/financial "scenario" in order to convince her.
Just tell them that it's easier because you don't have to pay for a bunch of school supplies and such. Also say it'll be safer for you at home than going to a school. If there are bullies in your school, you could avoid them by being at home instead. It always helps to tell your parents that they're smarter than your teachers, easier to talk to, and other nice things. Not exactly to "butter them up", but to make it more obvious how much you want to be home schooled.
You show them all the benefits of homeschooling, and prove to them that you've actually done research on it. Also, don't be afraid to show them any of the cons to homeschooling because they will come up eventually, and to pretend they don't exist won't help your case. With that, you can tell them how you plan to overcome those cons and show how the pros to homeschooling greatly outweigh any of the factual or fictional negativity it has garnered over time.
What is Reliance GSM balance enquiry number?
To check the reliance GSM prepaid sim balance, type" *367# " and press the call button and you will get service reply within a second.
To listen to the Reliance GSM balance enquiry, type *367 and press the call button and then follow the instructions as a mobile system.
Who invented the cell phone and when?
Martin Cooper invented the cell (mobile) phone. He was the first one to make a call and speak on his moble phone.
Mr Cooper, born December 26, 1928, wanted people to be able to carry their phones with them anywhere. While he was a project manager at Motorola in 1973, Cooper set up a base station in New York with the first working prototype of a cellular telephone, the Motorola Dyna-Tac. After some initial testing in Washington for the F.C.C., Mr. Cooper and Motorola took the phone technology to New York to show the public.
The First Cellphone (1973)
Name: Motorola Dyna-Tac
Size: 9 x 5 x 1.75 inches
Weight: 2.5 pounds
Number of Circuit Boards: 30
Talk time: 35 minutes
Recharge Time: 10 hours
Features: Talk, listen, dial
See related links for further information on Martin Cooper and his invention.
The idea of the cell phone began in the 1920's with police radios, but it wasn't until 1947 that the first one was made by Bell labs. In 1974 Dr. Martin Cooper is given credit for the cell phone that is most like the ones we have today. He was working for Motorola at the time. The phone was only for government use and in 1984 it was sold to the public for the first time. The early cell phones were large, heavy, and copied land line phones in style. They were carried in a zippered bag with the whole bottom as the battery.
The cell phone was first thought of in the 1920's when the use of police radios began. In 1947 Bell Labs made the first cell phone, but it took Dr. Cooper of Motorola to make a cell phone in 1974 for the government. The public use of cell phones began in 1984.
Your question has two answers. The phone was invented in 1889 by Bell. The cell phone idea began in the 1930's, but in 1947 Bell Labs made a cell type phone. The first cell phone inventor id given to Dr. Martin Cooper of Motorola in 1974. This phone was sold to the government. The public did not get it until 1984.
It was made by Bell labs in 1947, but the man given the most credit for it is Dr. Martin Cooper who made one very much like what we have today in 1973.
We knew someday everybody would have one. Martin Coopercreated the "DynaTAC," the first commercial cell phone, which hit the market in 1983. (CNN) -- In 1973, Martin Cooper changed the world, although he didn't know it yet. With the invention there was concern regarding brain cancer due to the fact that cell phones send out high frequency of radio waves.
It was invented by Will Maacmillan in 1969
Doctor Martin Cooper invented the modern cell phone. He invented the technology responsible for the cell phone when was the Director of Research and Development at Motorola. Cooper is also known as the first person to make a call on a cell phone. His groundbreaking call took place in April of 1973 in New York. He is currently the CEO of an antenna corporation.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of the mobile phone?
- Some advantages of mobile phones are that they are portable and that they keep phone numbers so they don't have to be memorized.
- Ability to make phone calls while away from a land-line phone.
- It can be used as a mp3 player, instead of carrying around your mobile and your ipod or what ever type of music thing you have.
- you can have easy access if you need to call someone right away
you are able to have calendars and email and the Internet on the phone
- There are so many advantages of mobile phone on the human life like connecting people ,GPRS, net surfing etc
- You can use a mobile phone any time any where.
- it costs money
- if you lose it, that's really bad
- if it breaks, you lose all of your information
- they can get lost easily and they need to be recharged.
- Some disadvantages of mobile phones are that they aren't attached to the wall, so they can get lost, and they need to be recharged.In addition it causes health problems and it distracts pupils from their duties
- Having to answer inconvenient phone calls, i.e., from your boss.
- You can lose signal in different places depending on how close you are to signal things.
- pushed people apart from each other e,g instead of going to see the parents just call them and one does not need to go and see them so just to find out 'how are you' is not enough.
What is fgteevs phone number?
fgteev duddy what is your state
Can you take iPhone into steam room?
I tried doing this last night. I put a plastic sandwich bag around my phone and poked a hole for my headphones through the bag. It seemed to work for a little while but the screen got very foggy and moist. Then the screen started to change colors. I wouldn't recommend it.
In fact, it's pretty bad for your phone. Most steam rooms are over the temperature limit for the phone, and they are not sealed. You'll end up with humidity trapped inside of your phone that will wreak all kinds of havoc on it.