Toyota 4Runner
Chevy Blazer S-10
Ford F-250

95 Toyota 4 Runner with 3.0 where is coolant temp sensor that is responsible to allow automatic transmission to shift into overdrive once engine is up to temperature and what is that correct temp?

181920

Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2012-02-08 15:58:11
2012-02-08 15:58:11

its the engine coolant temp sensor. its located behind the intake plenum, close to the firewall there are other sensors and a temp. vacuum switch in the same aluminum casting. the one you want has a green plug.

The CTS (Coolant Temperature Switch) is a normally open switch with impedance range for degree measurements on the gage. By grounding out the single lead to the CTS, the gage should peg out to overheat condition - but it should also send a signal from the computer that temperature requirement has been achieved. Unfortunately, this is not the answer.

The transmission FTS (Fluid Temperature Switch) which is located near the tail-shaft of the transmission is the smoking gun about 75% of the time. The other 25% are shifting solenoids and their respective components. Good Luck

1
๐Ÿ™
0
๐Ÿคจ
0
๐Ÿ˜ฎ
0
๐Ÿ˜‚
0

Related Questions

User Avatar

Drive. If it has a circle around it, it has automatic overdrive.

User Avatar

For cars that have an automatic transmission, overdrive lockout turned 'off' (overdrive will engage), is the default option.

User Avatar

Overdrive is the normally allowed position in a Ford Explorer automatic transmission , once the vehicle speed is fast enough ( my Ford Explorer is 50 MPH ) the automatic transmission will automatically shift into overdrive

User Avatar

The overdrive transmission that a 1992 Chevrolet C3500 would have is a 4L80E. It is a series of automatic transmissions from General Motors.

User Avatar

No. You have a 32RH transmission. It is a 3-speed automatic with a lockup torque converter, no overdrive gear.

User Avatar

The automatic transmission for a 1993 Ford Escort is a 4-speed automatic with overdrive. It also has a 1.9 liter engine and an 88 horsepower.

User Avatar

The Z24 has overdrive, the base models are 3 speed autos

User Avatar

If you have an automatic with overdrive then there is a good possibility that it is the 700R4 transmission.

User Avatar

The automatic transmission in a 1995 Jeep Cherokee is an AW4. The automatic in a Grand Cherokee is a 42RE, also called an A500.

User Avatar

Where can I find a wiring diagram for a Ford 1991 F250 pickup with 5.8 liter V8 and automatic transmission with overdrive?

User Avatar

The button does not switch from Overdrive to Automatic. The button just turns the overdrive off. Overdrive is not a separate drive system as your question implies. Normally you leave the car in overdrive mode. That way the transmission shifts into overdrive at highway speeds, thus saving fuel. If you are saying the transmission is stuck in overdrive and it will not disengage then seek out a A/T professional.

User Avatar

The overdrive has probably been unplugged on the transmission. Its a blue connector located on the transmission underneath the aircleaner. They are usually unplugged for a reason. If you plug it in and it runs bad, you have to replace the unit on the transmission.

User Avatar

An overdrive transmission allows for less engine speed and thus greater engine economy. When in overdrive the transmission has a gear drive of less than then the engines speed. In the General Motors 4L60E Hydramatic transmission for example, in overdrive gear (4th) the transmission has a ratio of . 70. This means for each 1 rotation of the crankshaft, the output shaft of the transmission rotates . 7.

User Avatar

Three. Or (with overdrive) four. Plus reverse, of course!

User Avatar

The Ford Crown Victoria has an automatic 4-speed overdrive transmission. In 1992, the transmission was redesigned to include electronic controls.

User Avatar

The transmission in the 1991 Chevy Caprice is a 4 speed automatic with overdrive. This transmission is found in both the base and classic trims.

User Avatar

The transmission was a synergy transmission. This allowed the manufacturer to keep the stout 4 speed automatic transmission in which they were able to add an overdrive.

User Avatar

if it is an automatic leave it in overdrive. the transmission knows when to change into the overdrive gear. if it is a manual listen to the motor. if you have in overdrive and it bogs down while accelerating then down shift to a lower gear.

User Avatar

you answered it yourself, a 4 speed with overdrive

User Avatar

I believe that was an ( A4LD ) automatic transmission with the 4 cylinder engine on a 1989 Ford Mustang


Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.