Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
Answered 2008-08-19 16:58:02

need universal handles for Bath & Shower, they will replace old style American Standard, need a handle with an adapter to fit different size stems. Preferable modern style handles if possible


Your Answer

Related Questions

No conversion, it would need to be replaced with a single handle faucet.

Look under the handle for a small ALLEN SCREW (hex head). Loosen it and slide the handle off.

Moen part #1920 and a brand new Moen single handle faucet

First off - be on the outside of the shower and screw with it clockwise and anticlockwise and see what happens. Works every time.

On single handle shower valves, designed to let cold water first and turn handle farther to mix hot water to desired setting. If hot water turned on first, possibility of getting scalded. If seperate hot/cold handles for shower, shower valve needs work.

The connections on the faucet are pretty much the same for the type of piping you have. They should swap out fairly easily. There is a trim plate available that covers the old holes and gives you the single hole in the center.

Generally, the handle needs to be removed either by popping a single tab off the center of the handle, or removing a set screw from the side. Once the handle is removed, there will be a plastic ring through which the center post connects the handle to the valve. This black ring and be pulled out, and rotated to raise or lower the maximum temperature setting.

A single handle uses the same 3 holes as the double handle

Temperature control using a single lever handle is easy, the handle only turns a maximum of 90 degrees. one side cold, one side hot and the middle a mixture of both turning it slightly either way will increase whichever side is more open

Moen, a plumbing supply company, has a faceplate the covers the previous holes for a double stem tub and shower valve that can be used on their single handle faucets. Google Moen faucets and look through their website or ask at your local plumbing or hardware company. Moen part # 1920

First make sure that the hot and cold supply lines (the plumbing) aren't backwards (hot should be on the left as you are facing the faucet) or that someone accidentally ran two hot lines. For the problem to be in the faucet itself you would have to have a single handle faucet. If this is the case the control valve is broken and should be replaced. Three handle Left= Hot Water Flow. Right= Cold Water Flow Center= Controls whether the water comes out the shower head or tub faucet. Two handle Left= Hot Water Flow Right= Cold Water Flow (Diverter Valve is elsewhere if it's a tub/shower) Single handle One handle controls both water pressure and temperature

Approx. 15 to 20 litres are used in a single shower

It's called water-hammer. I vibration from the water pressure. A snub-end pipe can be added to devert the vibration.

Turn the water off to the faucet. Remove the handle. The top of the faucet should unscrew to get to the ball valve. Replace the valve and gaskets then reassemble the faucet.

Typically a hole for a single handle shower valve can be easily created by a good 3 5/8" hole saw. If u are installing a 2 or 3 handle valve the hole is 1 1/8inch hole saw. Take care in using the hole saw. Please read all manufacturer directions before u install this valve.

On the single lever handle just unscrew it.

BP = British Petroleum A BP handle is a scalpel handle that can be re used, just the handle as the blade is single use and replacable

No. Given the size of modern showers, I'm assuming it would have been impossible to fit every single Ancient Greek into a single shower. Also, if the Ancient Greeks were capable of taking showers, I'm assuiming they would have taken multiple showers, rather than a single shower.

You have a cross connection on a faucet somewhere in the house. That means the hot is overriding the cold because of a malfunctioning faucet. Usually happens at the tub/shower diverter if it is a single handle.

If this faucet was recently purchased, return it to the store because you do not have the proper parts. If the screw will not go in, the threading is wrong, or the threading is stripped, or there's still something in the hole preventing it. You won't be able to attach it securely any other way.

The side of the Jug that you can grab has its handle. --- me.shobhit1: Single word answer is : outside.

Most single handle have a cover plate with them that covers the three holes. The supply lines hook up the same.

Remove the handle and parts directly under it. Lay them carefully in order. You will soon expose the ball control, an 'O' ring, and possibly two small spring seals.Take the ball and go to plumbing store or HD. Get replacement parts or a kit, and re-assemble in reverse order.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.