Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
Answered 2009-06-02 12:22:23

No conversion, it would need to be replaced with a single handle faucet.


Your Answer

Related Questions

Moen part #1920 and a brand new Moen single handle faucet

Change the faucet, either one will mount on the sink.

The connections on the faucet are pretty much the same for the type of piping you have. They should swap out fairly easily. There is a trim plate available that covers the old holes and gives you the single hole in the center.

A single handle uses the same 3 holes as the double handle

Most single handle have a cover plate with them that covers the three holes. The supply lines hook up the same.

Look under the handle for a small ALLEN SCREW (hex head). Loosen it and slide the handle off.

Turn the water off to the faucet. Remove the handle. The top of the faucet should unscrew to get to the ball valve. Replace the valve and gaskets then reassemble the faucet.

You have a cross connection on a faucet somewhere in the house. That means the hot is overriding the cold because of a malfunctioning faucet. Usually happens at the tub/shower diverter if it is a single handle.

On the single lever handle just unscrew it.

First make sure that the hot and cold supply lines (the plumbing) aren't backwards (hot should be on the left as you are facing the faucet) or that someone accidentally ran two hot lines. For the problem to be in the faucet itself you would have to have a single handle faucet. If this is the case the control valve is broken and should be replaced. Three handle Left= Hot Water Flow. Right= Cold Water Flow Center= Controls whether the water comes out the shower head or tub faucet. Two handle Left= Hot Water Flow Right= Cold Water Flow (Diverter Valve is elsewhere if it's a tub/shower) Single handle One handle controls both water pressure and temperature

There are kits available which contain the little pieces parts that go inside the valve. Check with your local hardware store. You'll want to know the brand name of your faucet. Repairing the faucet will mean shutting off the water to the it at the main valve.

You back off the main threaded ring holding the top of the faucet.

You just have to move the pipes. The spacing on two handle is going to be wider than a single handle. How you do that depend on what type of pipe you have. They make a trim plate that will cover the old holes and give you a spot for the single handle. That is for a shower only. Sink faucets, either kitchen or bath use the same holes in the top and most faucets will cover all the holes. The ones that only use two holes for the faucet usually have a soap dispenser for the third hole. The vast majority of faucets will have a flexible supply line between the house plumbing and the faucet. These may need to be lengthened depending on the faucet and the placement of the supply lines in the house.

If this faucet was recently purchased, return it to the store because you do not have the proper parts. If the screw will not go in, the threading is wrong, or the threading is stripped, or there's still something in the hole preventing it. You won't be able to attach it securely any other way.

Have you got two single faucets or a single lever faucet? It could be a pressure imbalance or it could just need maintenance

The handle must be removed to allow access to the retainer clip, then the cartridge pulls out. You may need a cartridge puller if the faucet is old.

Pop the decal off the front of the handle and use an allen key.

You need to buy the extractor tool from Home Depot.

The Belvedere 622TC faucet is a single handle " pull up" faucet that is used in the commercial hair industry. Very common in your basic beauty salons at there hair washing sinks.

You don't say whether you are referring to a single handed mixer or an individual faucet. If a mixer then the o rings inside have probably worn away and need to be replaced. If a single faucet then either the washer needs replacing inside the tap or the gland nut (if have one) needs to be serviced. Dont forget that in a single knob faucet, there is also an adjustment to be made for the hot water temp. that comes from the shower when turned to is a sort of dial in system remove the knob handle with a Philips screw driver and see where the settings are if too high adjust down a few clicks(notches).

The handle. The handle attaches to the stem. The stem is part of the valve. Single handle or quarter turn faucets, the stem is in a cartridge. That should cover it. The handle on a faucet does not have a special name, it is just a handle. ________________________________ It's called a spigot.

The U-shaped retainer clip on a shower faucet can be removed by using a pliers to pull it off. The pliers should be a needle-nosed shape to grasp the U-shaped retainer clip more easily.

The correct term would be a single hole faucet. You can not find anything about a single hold faucet on google. Single hole faucets are typically not the first choice of faucets.

Moen, a plumbing supply company, has a faceplate the covers the previous holes for a double stem tub and shower valve that can be used on their single handle faucets. Google Moen faucets and look through their website or ask at your local plumbing or hardware company. Moen part # 1920

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.