Asked in
State Laws

As the father of your kids can you legally take them from your spouse if you see them in an unhealthy situation?


User Avatar
Wiki User
July 14, 2009 1:03PM

Your custody is a result of court order. Instead of playing "gotcha" with the ex, try to help or discuss your concerns. If that fails, and the situation continues, either go back to court or call the local child authorities. Even in marriage, many of us disagree about parenting and it is a situation where you definitely want to have a working relationship for the benefit of the kids.