1. Download and install FreshDownload using Internet Explorer.
2 Run FreshDownload.
3. Register FreshDownload. (I'm not sure if this is necessary, but I did)
4. Go to FreshDownload's Options or Preferences screen through the apps menu system. (I can't remember whether if it says options or preferences, but I'm not going to reinstall it to find out!)
5. Go to their "Integration" section.
6. Uncheck all the check boxes and click OK.
7. Exit FreshDownload.
8. Uninstall FreshDownload.
This really helped me as i had the same problem.