Asked in
Law & Legal Issues
Mental Health

Can I claim against a government agency for incompetence causing me emotional distress?


User Avatar
Wiki User
July 23, 2009 11:18AM

A claim for emotional distress needs to be related to an action that would cause much more distress than mere incompetence. Plus, the government has sovereign immunity. Tort claims against the government require much more paperwork than a lawsuit against a private party. The answer in short, almost definitely no, you cannot. You can write your elected representatives however.