Asked in
Children and the Law
Emancipation and Ages for Moving Out

Can a 15-year-old move out of their parents' house with a family that takes all responsibility for the child?


User Avatar
Wiki User
July 15, 2015 9:19PM

You can petition the court for emancipation. Having that other family ready to "adopt you" will help, but it's no guarantee. Unless your parents are physically abusive the law will defer to them. If they are physically abusive, start by contacting the police.