Children and the Law
Emancipation and Ages for Moving Out
Age of Consent & Underage Relationships

Can a 17-year-old girl who is in the care of foster parents because her mother is deceased legally move to Kentucky and live with her maternal grandmother?



User Avatar
Wiki User

A minor is placed with foster parents by means of a court order. That being the case the minor would need permission of the court to legally change residences or he or she would likely encounter problems with the state agency that oversees the foster care and welfare of said minor.