Can a Canadian citizen visit the US and marry a US citizen?

Yes, but it would be inappropriate (i.e. visa fraud) to enter the U.S. under the VWP or tourist visa if your INTENT after marriage is to stay in the U.S. permanently after marriage. Entry should be made under a K-1 via.