Bankruptcy Law
Personal Finance
Business and Industry

Can a cosigner be sued while original borrower is trying to make partial payments?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2008-08-07 04:59:52
2008-08-07 04:59:52

Sure. Partial performance = no performance.

Or please, tell you boss if he has anything else he'd rather do with it, your fine with partial pay this month and next, and wouldn't think of holding him (or unemployment insurance) responsible.

User Avatar

Related Questions

No. However, you can be held legally liable for unpaid amounts. If you make an agreement with an ethical debt consolidation company, you can always make partial payments (compared with the original agreement you had with the lender when you borrowed).

Only if you pay up all the arrears payments that caused the repossession process to begin in the first place. Partial payments will have to be negotiated with the original lender.

[Debit] Purchases [credit] Cash (partial) [credit] accounts payable (balance)

Yes, as with most retail contracts, once you the borrower has defaulted on the contract, the full balance owed is due. The lender no longer is bound to take partial payments of any kind. The lender may elect to reaffirm the contract, but in doing so, it is in the best interest of all parties to resign paper.

the participation of an entity set E in a relationship set R is said to be total if every entity in E participates in at least 1 relationship in R .... if only some entities in E participates in the relationship R then the participation of entity set E in relationship R is said to be partial..... example every loan entity should be related with 1 customer with borrower relationship therefore participation of loan in borrower is full or total..... and it is possible that only some customer entities are related wid to loan entity set through borrower relationship so participation of customer in borrower relationship is partial..... Abhishek jaiswal IEM kolkata

The answer is Yes. You may obtain a low interest loan for your structured settlement. You also have the option of selling partial payments or full payments.

You can work with your association board and negotiate removal of the lien. Depending on when the lien was filed, you may be responsible for the expense related to its filing. The situation may also depend on the agreement you had with the board over paying partial payments. It is unreasonable that the board would agree to accept partial payments, then -- assuming you're making the payments -- file a lien against your title. One must also assume that your agreement with the board is in writing.

Asking her for it or to start making partial payments would be easiest. After that, you take the loan agreement, copy of the title that you can get from Motor Vehicle, and go to court. Should be small claims which will cost you very little, $50 or so and plead your case. Judge will award you possession and you go get it. How you go about that depends on you, the location of the car and what if any relationship you want to have with your daughter.

Default means that you have not made the agreed-upon payments in full on time. You may be making partial payments (ie, paying $250 a month instead of $350 a month), but still be in default.

Tax attorney fee's can be anywhere from $1000 to $3500. Most do except partial payments though.

Typically yes, failure to make the payment required as specified in the mortgage note is usually written in as a default.

Partial surrenders are fairly simple. They are removal of a portion of the original cash balance of an insurance policy or annuity. You should either contact your insurance agent or the company from which you purchased your policy.

== Repossession== If they are accepting payments - that will reflect negatively on them if they try to take you to court on a deficiency balance, however they have the right to demand full payment of the loan at any time and take the car if you don't pay. Also - if you are just sending in partial payments that doesn't mean they are accepting them. They need to agree to the partial payments and how long it will go on. You can't stop them from repo by sending in some money every month. More input from FAQ Farmers: * Yes, I have found out that if you are in default (even if you are attempting to make payments), the bank at any time, can repo your vehicle...unless otherwise stated in your contract.

The credit card will add interest on your unpaid balance which will increase your total credit card debt. If the company cashes your check, nothing will happen. Except what is mentioned above. They often accept partial payments. If they don't take partial payments they will return your check & demand a full payment Different companies have different rules. You should contact them to find out exactly. They probably WON'T take a partial payment without charging you interest.

I dont think so. I actually am the one that posted the question but i do have a partial was able to give only $5000 rates are sky high though but they did it with no credit history

An ordinary differential equation (ODE) has only derivatives of one variable.

The time limits for various types of information to appear on consumer credit reports are set forth by the federal Fair Credit Reporting Act. Making payments or partial payments on bad debt does not effect the running of the credit reporting time limits except in cases of tax liens and federal student loans. , All other types of items should expire on schedule, based on the original dates, regardless of when or whether they are paid. Late payments **7 years from the date the late payment was due Charge offs **7 years. The time runs from the date of delinquency plus 180 days Collection accounts-seven years [the date of delinquency still refers to the original delinquency with the original creditor].

I heard you can get the eLayaway service at any online gift shop. They allow you to make partial payments monthly. When it is paid in full, they will ship it to you.

I suppose. However, there is no point in doing so. Unlike some other debts, accepting partial child support payments does not constitute an agreement that the debt is paid in full. The courts might take a dim view of a custodial parent refusing payments. The State welfare agency will definitely take a dim view of it.

I can give you several sentences.He wore his partial, or partial denture.She is partial to coconut cake.This is only a partial list of the supplies we need.

It might not paid fully coz creditors might get lost, interest rate might vary and wasting of time to collect the full payment.

Bad credit mortgages will likely have a higher than usual interest rate. They may also have stricter policies and penalties for late and partial payments.

Many Americans are facing foreclosure today due to the declining economy. Foreclosure is when a mortgage company terminates the borrowers right to the mortgaged estate. The foreclosure process begins when the borrower fails to make the mortgage payments at the specified time the loan is due. Often this occurs because of divorce, unemployment, medical issues, death, and even being sick of property management.The foreclosure process begins usually with the demand of payment sent out in the form of a written letter. This written letter is known as the Notice Of Default. The process doesn't typically start until the borrower is three months before on the mortgage. This notice is considered to be a threat to sell the borrowers property and evict them from the premises if payment arrangements are not made. If payment arrangements are not made or agreed upon between the borrower and the mortgage company, then the foreclosure process will preside.Foreclosure laws differ from state to state. In some states the borrower could remain within the dwellings for up to a year. In other states the borrower has less than four months to vacant the premises. During the prefilling phase of foreclosure, the mortgage company may still offer options to the borrower so that they can keep their customer and the borrower can keep the property. Some of the options offered is loan modification, refinancing, and forbearance. Forbearance is the agreement to suspend or reduce monthly payments over a period of time. Terms and conditions of the loan do not change and forbearance only last for a year. After that year is over, the borrower must cure the delinquency through a lump sum reinstatement or repayment plan.Foreclosure TimelineBelow is a foreclosure time line showing the complete foreclosure process from start to finish. This gives an individual an idea of what the process is and what happens at various points within the process.Day 1-15Mortgage payments are due generally at the first of the month. If payment is not received by the due date of the loan then the account is seen as delinquent.Day 16-30By this time a late fee is added on the account because payment has not be received. The borrower will get phone calls from the lender and also a late payment notice from the lender.Day 31-45By the 30th day, the loan enters into default. A second notice is then sent to the borrower. The lender then reports to the credit bureau which will have a negative impact on the borrowers credit history.Day 46-90Lender sends letter to the borrower stating a breach in contract and violation of the loan terms. By day 60, the lender may start up the accelerated procedure notifying the borrower that foreclosure is in process. By this time the lender can refuse any partial payments toward the delinquent accounts.Day 91-415Loan is sent to foreclosure office within the lenders establishment. There they hire an attorney, to start the proceedings. Foreclosure can start anytime after the acceleration notice has been sent. This occurs when the loan has reached 90 days past due. House is then sold at an auction.

It depends on whether or not they have already been paid. Some sellers request a partial refund for any taxes already paid. Others will pay them for you. Just depends on what the seller wants to do really.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.