Best Answer

Yes. The custodial father has a right to child support from the mother depending on their respective economic circumstances. Many mothers pay child support.

User Avatar

Wiki User

โˆ™ 2010-12-28 22:55:30
This answer is:
User Avatar
Study guides


24 cards

What are protective factors

Name the worlds hardest-riddle ever.

How can you tell if a person has ADHD

What are the effects of Juveniles been trial in adult court

See all cards
No Reviews

Add your answer:

Earn +20 pts
Q: Can a custodial father seek child support from the mother?
Write your answer...
Still have questions?
magnify glass
Related questions

Does a non-custodial mother have to pay child support to the father?

Yes, if the father is the custodial parent. It works just the same as when the mother is the custodial parent. The non-custodial pay child support based on their income and other factors.

If the mother get married does the non custodial father continue to pay child support?

Yes. If he is the father he pays child support.

Can a non-custodial mother file for child support from the non-custodial father?

No, the person who has the child is the person who gets the child support so she would have to pay child support herself, as well as the father, to the person who has custody of the child.

Should custodial FATHERS receive child support?


Does a mother have to pay child support if the father has physical custody of the child?

If mom is a non-custodial parent, it's likely she will have to pay child support.

How come a father has to automatically pay for child support and a mother may not if the father is the custodial parent?

A custodial parent may have to pay child support if his income is significantly higher than that of the non-custodial parent based on the non-custodial parent's "parenting time" percentage.

If a mother has full custody can the father file for child support?

No. If the mother has full custody, the father must pay child support to the mother who is supporting the child. Put simply, the non-custodial parent pays child support to the parent who does have custody.If the custodial parent makes significantly more than the non-custodial parent, the court will not order the non-custodial parent to pay the custodial parent. There are formulas for each state and county that the courts follow. There are also circumstances that do not follow typical guidlines.

What if a child moves in with grandmother is child support still owed to mother?

No, child support is only owed to the custodial parent/guardian. If the grandmother has become the custodial guardian, child support will be owed to her, instead of the mother.

Can custodial parent receiving public assistance stop child support and arrears?

No. If the state is supporting the mother and child the mother has no right to free the father from his responsibility to support his own children. The state will pursue him for child support.

Should the father have to pay child support to mother if child is living with the grandparents in il?

The answer is NO. Child support exists so the custodial parent can get help from the non-custodial parent to pay for the child's expenses like food, clothing, roof over their heads etc. If the Mother is not the custodial parent she is NOT entitled to Child support. So if the grandparents have custody of the child the child support should go to them directly. This have to be modified in the court where the child support was issued.

What should the Non custodial father do if the kids have been with him for years living in my house and now the mother tries to get support when they move with her?

In such a case, the non-custodial father should prepare to begin paying child support.

Does a mother have to accept child support from child's father?

I guess the question is why wouldn't she want to accept child support from her child's father? IF anything there is a moral obligation by BOTH parents to support and raise the child.Generally, a child is legally entitled to the support of their non-custodial parent. If the custodial parent doesn't "need" the money then it should be held in a college savings account for the child.

People also asked