Can a man be required to pay child support if another man s name was written on the birth certificate and the child has that man s last name and was fathered by that man?

If he is the biological father, yes. That is what counts. If the mother and this man knew he was not the father they have both committed fraud by having him signing the birth certificate. The child have a right to know who his parents are as well.