Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
Answered 2009-11-07 07:51:24

Not if there are court orders. see links

User Avatar

Your Answer

Related Questions

No. Only a court can take away parental rights. If the parents are unmarried only the mother has parental rights until the father has established his paternity in court.

if the mother terminates her rights can he collect child support from the mother if child lives with him?

In general, parental rights are terminated either preparatory to an adoption, or after a trial in which it is determined that the parent is unfit. In any case, termination of parental rights does not, in itself, terminate child support.

Yes, if the mother does not want the child and the father is willing to take the child. Then the mother may sign her rights over to the father if the father is able to take of the child. Signing over one's rights will not terminate child support obligation(s).

Yes. And it's not the mother who gets his rights terminated, it is the court.

Normally you would not be allowed to relinquish your rights just to avoid paying support, but, you are allowed to do so if the mother doesn't want the support money.

Yes as the father has become a defaulter then the mother can get full custody and have the parental rights of the father revoked.

Child support would generally go to the person raising the child. Mother might even be ordered to pay to father.

No,the same rules apply wether you are the father or the mother you are not obligated to pay support.

no the mother should have the legal obligation to take care of the child

No, when a mother or father relinquishes his parental rights he is no longer responsible for child support.

An unmarried father cannot "choose" to not pay child support. The laws in every state require that a father pay for the support of his child. The mother must bring an action to the appropriate court so that a child support order can be established. Visitation rights are separate and a father can have visitation rights established by the court. Visitation rights are not dependent on paying child support.

If not married he has to prove paternity in court to get his parental rights. He can then petition for custody, visitation and pay child support. If married to the mother they have equal rights to the child.

Unless the father has his parental rights terminated, of course he needs to support his child -

He has the right to pay child support and petition for visitation.

1) to pay support; 2) to petition the courts for visitation

If the father does not request a DNA test, the mother holds all of the parental responsibility and rights. The mother cannot request child support. The father cannot request custody or visitation.

You can sign your rights away but you will still have to pay child support if you are the father or mother of the child. There is no way to avoid paying child support.

If the father gave up all parental rights - then he would not have to pay child support. Plus, if the mother is out of the country and is an illegal immigrant - she would not be a part of the child support system. She would need to be in this country. But, the main things is - if the father "legally" (signed papers) to give up his parental rights, then he is not liable for child support.

If the mother in question is financial able and has shelter and means to support the child then most definitely.

First, without a court order, the mother cannot prohibit the father from seeing the child. If he has not voluntarily given up his rights to the child, and a judge has not created a custody schedule, the father has as much right to see the child as the mother.Second, if the father does voluntarily give up his parenting rights, or a judge does involuntarily remove his parenting rights (or awards full custody to the mother), the father would still owe child support until his child reaches the age of majority and has graduated high school.

last i knew unless there is a step father willing to adopt the courts will not let you give up rights if there is a step father willing to adopt you will not have to pay child support

The rights of the natural father depends on if the father has given up his rights or not. If he has not given up his rights, he has the same rights as the mother, or as outlines in the custody order.

Having a child is a responsibility which you must continue to pay for, rights have nothing to do with it.

depends on the state laws but you have visitation rights no matter if you pay support or not...check your laws