Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
Answered 2011-11-06 08:12:48

Merely because the non-custodial parent is unable to attend the court ordered visitation, it does not mean that he or she will automatically loose his or her visitation rights. If the non-custodial parent is unable to attend the court ordered visitation, the non-custodial parent can request the court to change the visitation hours to suit his or her schedule. However if the non-custodial parent fails to make an application for changes to the visitation hours, the custodial parent may apply to the court for sole custody.

Legal Disclaimer:

The answer above should not be relied upon as legal advice. The information provided above is based on insufficient facts and only speaks to a general opinion based on those insufficient facts. No warranty is provided that the answer is correct. No attorney-client relationship has been formed with me until a signed written contract is complete. For an official opinion, it is advised you seek legal counsel.

User Avatar

Your Answer

Related Questions

If the visitation is court ordered and the non-compliant parent can provide no compelling and acceptable reasons why they are not adhering, yes.

It the non custodial parent alters the court ordered visitation, the other parent does not have to allow the visitation, unless it was altered in court. If it was not altered in court, the parent can file for contempt of court.

If there is a court order yes. Then you have to work on this the both of you.

A child in the state of Alabama can not opt out of visitation with the non custodial parent until the age of 18. If the child is persistent in the fact that they wish visitation to end, this needs to be ordered by a judge of the court.

If there is no court mandated agreement that ensures the noncustodial parent visitation rights, then yes they can.

if the child doesn't want to see the noncustodial parent he doesn't have too. don't force him to do it =)

Yes, if you have court ordered visitation and pay child support etc, she needs your permission as well as the courts to move. The court orders has to be followed.

Unless visitation rights for the non-custodial parent were allowed in the divorce paperwork, the custodial parent is completely within their rights to deny the non-custodial parent visitation....however, the non-custodial parent may sue for visitation rights.

He/she can file a motion for contempt of court, and if granted, a change of custody. I teach parents how to collect evidence and how to do this without the need of hiring an attorney. see link

No, child support is calculated based on physical custody, which is different than visitation time. If you are not receiving your court-ordered visitation, contact your local Department of Human Services and let them know. However, you must still pay your court-ordered child support.

A custodial parent is obligated to let the non-custodial visit the child if there is visitation schedule in place. If there is none, it is not illegal for the custodial parent to refuse visitation.

Age the age of majority, when they are also allowed to end visitation to school.

180 days per year, per parent on a 2 year average.

Without proof of the parent being an unfit one or proof of abuse, a child can not choose to end court ordered visitations. A child can ask the court for an amendment of visitation at the age of 16. But will most likely need a lawyer to represent them, and file the papers with the court.

The one who would be responsible for the child during that time which would be the non custodial parent.

it shouldnt matter. if the parent has custidy and the other dont and there is no visitation rights then then yes the perant can move

A parent has visitation rights unless the Judge orders otherwise.If the offending parent gets arrested and convicted the custodial parent can file in court and POSSIBLY have the visitation rights revoked.

18. However, a younger child is always free to express their wishes, either in court or by writing a letter to the judge in charge of their custody/visitation. If the judge feels the child provides valid reasons why they no longer wish to visit their parent, the visitation order may be modified. Otherwise, court ordered visitation must continue until that happens, if it happens, or the custodial parent could be found in contempt of court and fined or even jailed for their child's failure to obey court ordered visitation.

Copyright ยฉ 2021 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.