Children and the Law

Can custody be taken away from a mother who has to take prescription pain killers for a disease?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2017-03-14 17:17:32
2017-03-14 17:17:32

No. Not unless the state of your health prevents you from being able to properly care for your child(ren), or you are in someway not using the drug(s) as prescribed.


Related Questions

If you are the father, the minute that the mother went to jail, you should have gotten custody of your children. If the mother (assuming she is the custodial parent) is incarcerated, then the non-custodial parent should file for an emergency hearing and get custody of the children. State lines are not as important as the welfare of the children.

The father would be the favored person to get legal custody if the mother had custody and died unless he was found to be unfit to have custody.

Whether or not a mother can lose custody is up to a judge. Judges have the task of establishing custody.

In most circumstances the mother gets primary custody.

No, although most courts favor custody to the mother.

If the mother is raising the child and the father has custody the mother should return to court and petition for custody and child support, especially if this is a matter of control. She should consult with an attorney or other legal advocate.

Even though the mother is underage she still has custody of her child as long as she does not do something to get custody taken away from her

Yes if she can prove that it would be the the child's best interest to be with her physically. Custody orders can change at any time. If there is a sign of danger from the child being with the father, the mother can gain physical custody.

Yes. Legal and physical custody granted to the mother means full, sole legal and physical custody.

If you are not married the custody automatically falls on the mother and the father have to go to court to get visitation or custody. If you are married you have equal rights.

How can you best gain custody of your children who are currently living with their mother and the mother is a drug dealer

In the United States an unmarried mother has legal custody of her child unless and until the father establishes his paternity in court and requests custody and/or visitations.

Either parent can have physical custody in a joint custody arrangement. If there is a court order granting the mother physical custody the father should notify the court of the mother's incarceration and have that order modified unless he wants the mother to resume physical custody when she is released.

No, but the father can get the custody if he proves that the mother has bad habits like alcoholic or consume drugs.

Generally, custody orders end at age eighteen and the child can choose where she wants to live.

Yes. The child is your baby. As long as your a fit mother the child cannot be taken away from you. If you are a minor, your parents still have custody of you, but you have custody of your child.

The mother. If she dies, her parents get custody.

If unmarried she automatically has custody from birth.

i have a son in my custody what is the law in the phillipines about child custody if a child abandoned by his father

The party with legal custody makes the decision. Physical custody is another matter between the parties. Many couples have joint custody with physical custody to the mother. Whoever has legal custody has the right to make important decisions.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.