International Adoption
Children and the Law
Domestic Dogs

Can you adopt a runaway 17 year old?

User Avatar
Wiki User
September 12, 2007 8:05PM

You can, BUT they either have to be wards of the state or their parents/legal gaurdians sign over parental rights to you.

If not, you could be charged with kidnapping or harboring a runaway. If the parents don't care the child is missing, they will most likely sign away their rights.