Jewelry allergy is a common cause of contact allergic dermatitis. Most jewelry allergy is caused by the metal nickel (see nickel allergy) which is used in the manufacture of precious metal alloys. In less expensive jewelry, nickel is often used in the base metal which is then plated with gold or silver. Many people who believe that they are allergic to gold or silver jewelry are actually allergic to nickel, which can occur as a trace element in gold or silver or has been used in the manufacture of gold jewelry to whiten and/or strengthen the piece.
In affected individuals, dermatitis develops in places where nickel-containing metal is touching the skin. The most common sites of jewelry allergy are the earlobes , the fingers (from rings), and around the neck ; the affected areas become intensely itchy and may become red and blistered or dry, thickened and pigmented Sometimes the dermatitis later affects areas that are not in contact with jewelry, particularly the hands. Pompholyx is a blistering type of hand dermatitis that is prevalent in people with a previous history of jewelry allergy, and may be due to contact with other sources of nickel such as coins and keys.
Jewelry that is uncomfortable or jewelry that you make have an allergic reaction to should not be worn.
I would say a definite yes to this, more so as you sweat there and could cause problems
Surgical plastic jewelry may be a good choice for those who can be allergic to stainless steel.
You can coat the backs of the jewelry with clear nail polish, that does help somewhat, you still need to limit the time that you wear the jewelry though... Find out what you are allergic to, is it the gold or the nickel, sometimes if its gold you can get 10 K gold instead of higher values and that helps... If its the nickel then you would need to get the nickel free jewelry...
Platinum jewelry can be bought in most jewelry shops and is a very good but slightly more expensive alternative to nickel jewelry. Most people prefer platinum jewelry over nickel jewelry because nickel jewelry is very reactive and can cause allergic reactions.
Bioplast jewelry is jewelry used for body piercings. Bioplast jewelry is made up of different types of plastic. This makes it more compatible than metal for body piercings as some people are allergic to certain metals.
If you've recently worn jewelry or a watch on that wrist, it may be an allergic reaction to the jewelry.
if your jewelry is irritating your neck you might be allergic to whatever the jewelry is made of . Or the jewelry might be fake. However , if none of these concerns above are the problem then my best advice is to just go buy another chain.
Some people might be allergic to fake jewelry. Many pieces of jewelry contain the component called nickel which is one of the most common causes of jewelry allergies. The itchy rash generally appears in the areas where jewelry is worn. As a nickel alloy sits against the skin, the natural sweat and oils from the skin oxidize the metal. As a result of the oxidation, a thin layer of nickel salts form on top of the jewelry. Those nickel salts irritate the skin and cause the allergic dermatitis that are characteristic of a metal allergy.
Gold is a very safe bet for metal, not many people are allergic to gold.
First, almost no one is allergic to pure gold. But pure gold is rare (too soft for jewelry) and you may be allergic to the alloying material. A dermatologist can test you, or you can acquire a pure gold ring and wear it for a week or two: if you don't develop a rash then you're not likely to be allergic.
if your lip turns red or its swollen that's normal , you just got to clean it . if its blue your lip jewelery is fake and that can get infected badly . . . I don't think you can get allergic ! ! !
You can be allergic to both but being allergic to one does not mean you will be allergic to the other.
if you are allergic to kiwi you can be allergic to bird pollen as well and you can be allergic to latex .
A person can be allergic to mold in general but not be allergic to penicillin.
No. You could be only allergic to the coconut. You can be allergic to only one fruit while not allergic to others.
Yes, gold allergies include white gold allergies. White gold jewelry often has a rhodium plating that would prevent an allergy as the gold would not touch the skin; however, this rhodium plating wears and thins overtime, eventually allowing the gold to touch the skin leading to an allergic reaction.
Surgical Steel is the safest material to use, however if you are not allergic to precious metals, gold may be used also.
If you're allergic to mold, you may be allergic to penicillin.
yes, you can be allergic to tomatoes .you can you can be allergic to some of the wildest things you can be allergic to any thing.
i am allergic to pollen. So I can not smell flowers.
No, but you can get an allergic reaction from breathing in/smelling something you are allergic to.
if your allergic to vicoden can you take percocet?
If you are allergic to dogs then you will be allergic to yorkies. Hope this helps!!
If allergic to peanuts are you allergic to sun flower seeds?