Best Answer

on a 98 if im not mistaking the governer is all computer which means you would have to mess with the computer, and i wouldn,t suggest doing it unless you know a little about it.

User Avatar

Wiki User

โˆ™ 2015-07-15 20:03:45
This answer is:
User Avatar
Study guides
See all Study Guides
Create a Study Guide

Add your answer:

Earn +20 pts
Q: Can you bypass the governor on a 1998 Ford F-150 or change it?
Write your answer...
Related questions

How do I replace the Block Heater 1998 F150 4.6L?

How do I replace the block heater in my 1998 F150 4.6L?

Will rims from 1996 f150 fit on 1998 f150?

No, 97-03 F150's have a 5x135 lug pattern.

How many qrts of oil for an oil change on a 1998 ford f150 4.2liter?

With engine oil filter change ( 6 quarts ) according to the Owner Guide

How to change the Belt on a Ford 2002 F150 V8?

I need to change out the alternator on my 2001 f150 supercrew. how do I do it?

How many quarts of oil does a 1998 Ford f150 4.2 liter V6 engine take?

6 quarts with filter change

What is the engine oil capacity for a 1998 ford f150 4.2L 6 cylinder engine?

6 quarts ( 5.7 liters ) with filter change

Where is the computer located on 1998 ford f150?

how do I disable computer on Ford 150 1998

How do you replace the alternator on a 1998 f150?

send it to a garage???????

Vacuum Diagram For A 1998 Ford F150?

The vacuum diagram for a 1998 Ford F150 is located in the service manual. It details how each vacuum line is routed, where the line is attached, and its function.

94 f150 5.0 smog pump bypass belt length?

You may not bypass a smog pump. It is a part of the vehicle's emission's control system and bypassing it is a violation of federal law.

Where is the starter located 1998 F150?

on bottom side of engine

Can you bypass a gem module in your ford f150?

yes. you just have to know what wires lead to and which ones to connect together

How many quarts of oil for 1998 Ford F150 XLT 4.6L V8?

( 6 quarts ) with engine oil filter change , according to the Owner Guide

How do you change the battery on a 2001 Ford F150?

How do you remove and replace the battery on a 2001 Ford F150?

How is the arm rest removed from the seat on a 1998 F150?

The arm rest can be removed from the seat on a 1998 F150 by locating the bolts holding it on. Remove the bolts with the proper tool and life the armrest from the seat carefully.

What gas is best for 1998 f150?

" regular " unleaded , 87 octane

Does a 1998 ford f150 5.4l need catalytic converters?


Door Speakers size for 1998 Ford F150?

5x7 6x8

What is the backspace on a 2wd 1998 ford f150 4.2 v6?


What is the coolant capacity for a 1998 Ford F150?

23-25 qts.

What type of gas a 1998 f150?

" regular " unleaded , 87 octane

What is the oil capacity for a 1998 F150?

5.7 Litres according to my manual

How can you bypass pats on your f150 1999 lost chip end of key?

You leave the stolen car at the police impound lot!

How long it is to change head gasket on 1998 ford f150 with 4.6litre?

the book says 21 hours .so a little bit more for the diy truck owner

Where is the governor in a 2012 Ford F150?

It's not a physical component - it's programmed into the engine ECM.