Can you get a green card if you are out of status and get married to an American citizen?

It's not that easy. You should consult with a good immigration attorney, or an immigration aid center.

If you are already not legal, the ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement) takes a dim view of you all of a sudden wanting to marry an American. And there are waivers that will be needed - and they might not be granted.

They'll also want to interview you and the prospective bride. And they'll have all kinds of questions that they'll ask you each seperately to see if you really know and love each other. It can be quite...intense.

I wish you well. But seek aid from that attorney or immigration aid center.