Divorce and Marriage Law
Citizenship and Marriage

Can you get married in the US on a tourist visa?

User Avatar
Wiki User
2013-03-27 15:58:54

To do this, you must first establish your relationship meaning

that a formal wedding must have already taken place. Your spouse

must then go through the immigration process and receive a valid

immigrant visa to enter the United States. This can sometimes mean

waiting for a visa number to become available. To combat the wait,

your spouse can file a Form I-129F - nonimmigrant K-3 Visa - at the

same time that the immigrant petition is filed. This will allow

them to live and work in the U.S. while your immigrant visa

petition is pending. If your spouse does not file the petition for

a K-3 Visa, they may be forced to wait outside the country until

their application for immigrant status has been approved.

"Answer" id="Answer">Answer

Yes but that does not grant the person with the visa permanent

residency or citizenship.

we are married in

"http://africa.answers.com" title="Africa">Africa i want to get

a visa so he can be with me

Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.