Law & Legal Issues

Can you leave home at 16 and move to another state without getting in trouble?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2009-07-23 22:40:23
2009-07-23 22:40:23

Not without parental permission. And you will not be able to rent a room or apartment at 16, you have to be an adult.

User Avatar

Related Questions

Well Yes You Can Leave The House At 16 But If Your Parents Are Not To Keen About It You May Run Into A Bit Of Trouble On The Way. But Tenchnically Yes You Can Leave At 16 Because I Am!

You can skip a month of work without getting in trouble, by simply applying for an annual leave of one month.

Leave where? You can leave home at 18 as an adult. Otherwise you'd need to be emancipated.

The Age of Majority in the State of Nevada is 19. So technically, a 17 year old cannot leave home without getting in trouble with the law.

You will need to hide your tracks. Leave little possibility of getting caught i.e. witnesses, cameras.

Yes. A father has no automatic right to their child (unfortunately) unless the parents are married.

Without parental permission, your parents can request that the police return you to their care. You can go through a process of legal emancipation, but it is difficult without parental consent.

If a newborn is really in physical danger, get ahold of Social Services and they will probably help the mother and child leave the area.

no! if u not in school, u gona get in trouble, if ur home schooled u can leave if u attend a school to finish off your education.

As soon as you leave the scene of the accident you have committed the crime of "hit & run."

Only if you have your parents permission and you're in a safe and appropriate environment. Otherwise, you have to wait until you're 18.

before you leave for school in the morning, get some old cheese, and when you get to school, when the teacher is not looking, stuff it down her panties in front of everybody.

Depends on what state you live in, theoretically you could be arrested in one state and have nothing happen to you in another.

In most jurisdictions you live with your parents until you reach adulthood, usually 18, but could be higher. The other alternative is to get emancipated.

You will only be able to leave your parents home at 17 with permission. the parents can call the police if you leave before you are 18.

He was often getting into trouble and fights. To avoid more trouble, his parent sent him to the US, he was a citizen of the US.

The age of majority in Ohio is 18, so anyone under that age is considered to be a minor. If you leave home without parental consent then your parents can report you as a runaway. Your boyfriend can get into trouble to. Under Ohio law he could be charged with contributing to the delinquency of a child and interference with custody of child under the age of 18.

I have done this with my solar cover without any trouble

Don't. It could go wrong and leave a nasty scar if you don't do it properly. As for 'not getting in trouble' if you're likely to get in trouble in the first place, I'd advise you to just wait. Well do just dont do it your self. Its your body you do what you want with it. YOU ARE ALLOWED TO BE AN INDIVIDUAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mean im doing my right nowslowly so my dad can see it. you gotta be smooth about it!!!!!!

AWOL (Absence Without Leave)

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.