Can you move to another state if a child you have guardianship of lives with friends and the friends have temp custody?

Yes you can but how will you be able to moniter the child from another state. I know guardianship means a person legally in charge of the affairs of a minor or a person of unsound mind. Custodial rights differ. I would check with your local court house before making the move so you cannot be charged with abandonment in any way. Verbal agreements in this case may cause a headache.