Can you transfer your house deed to your 17-year-old son?


You can make a gift of your property to anyone you choose, at any time, unless the intent is to defraud creditors. If you do make the gift, you might consider, among other things, putting in a deed restriction that reserves your right to live there rent-free for the rest of your life!

As a minor would be in possession of a valuable property, it would also be wise to appoint a guardian (or trustee) to oversee the property until some future date or event.

I am aware of a case where a man gave his castle to his son, and the son immediately evicted his step-mother!

See related question.