Can your custody be challenged if you live with an unmarried partner?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2016-11-04 21:02:30
2016-11-04 21:02:30

No, Not unless there is harm being done to the child as a result of living with the person. The dad can take you to court all he wants to anout anything that's his right but that don't mean the judge will grant anything, He would have to get proof of the kids being in harms way.

In Oklahoma, non-cohabitation clauses are run-of-the-mill in divorces dealing with minor children because everybody recognizes that cohabitation with an unmarried person or non-relative harms children, per se.


Related Questions

User Avatar

No. A single parent can live with whoever they want as long as that person is not harmful to the child.

User Avatar

No. At any time the mother can retrieve the child. He must get a Court order. see related link

User Avatar

There is no requirement to have approval. As they are not married, the mother has custody. Where she and her child live is up to her.

User Avatar

She does not need father's permission to have someone else live with her, but it opens the door for the ex to go back to court for custody or to reduce child support.

Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.