Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
Answered 2012-01-13 18:24:24

In many jurisdictions, the husband is presumed to be the child's father unless paternity is established by other means. The biological father would likely be required to pay child support even if the mother is married to someone else.

User Avatar

Your Answer

Related Questions

If you are married to the mother, no. Then you share everything naturally. But if you have a child and you are separated or not married to the mother, and you do not have custody of the children, you have to pay child support

A married couple would not be able to sue each other for child support if not separated or divorced. A judge would have no reason to sign an order for child support on these grounds.

Yes, provided the separated parent is the father.

Child support is court-ordered financial support paid by one parent to the other who has custody of the children, after the parties are separated or divorced, or when the parties were not married.

No the child support starts after you have divorced him. As long as you are married you share everything so what ever he makes is yours. If you mean while you are married to someone else, yes it can. If you are married to but separated from the child's father, with or without a court order, you can receive child support from him.

No, child support will be assessed from the time the order goes into effect. you can file for a support order prior to the divorce though.

First, there is no such thing as an illegal mother. Any parent, male or female, single, married, divorced or separated, may receive child support.

if you have the child. And even when he does.

Yes, if the statute of limitations for such action has not expired.

If I'm the custodial parent and I got married can I have my child support stopped

in Australia you're eligible for child support if you're separated, which is defined as 'not living together in a genuine domestic relationship'. so you could even be separated under the same roof. whether you are, or have been married, doesn't come into it. i understand that in the US child support is a state, rather than federal, matter, so if you're in the US you'd need to contact the relevant state authority.

Depends on circumstances. A single mother has a presumption of sole custody at the time of the birth of the child. Where married parents are separated, there is a presumption of joint physical custody whether or not support is ordered.

The answer is no. You do not stop paying child support if the mother gets married. The child is still your child and you have the responsibility to provide support for your own child.

Yes. Even if your "ex" gets married the child is still your child and you have to support your own child.

If your child is married they are emancipated so there should be no need for child support. Contact the court.

No. An unborn child is not yet a child, therefore you cannot get child support for them.

Yes, you will have to file for a change in the order but you can get it end if your child gets married. If they are in college and get married, that eliminates your duties of paying child support in most states.

If you didn't apply for a marriage license, you didn't get married in the eyes of the law. But that has nothing to do with child support. Child support is just that - support from the biological father for the child he helped to create. His responsibility to that child has nothing to do with marital status. If you did not go through the courts to get this support and you are worried that it won't continue, you need to take it to court and make his obligation to your child legally binding.

Yes, as being separated, and legally separated are two different items.

If you are in the US, the fact that you are now married/pregnant has no effect on child support for another child.

Serena is married - child support is not an issue for her.

Copyright ยฉ 2021 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.