Auto Insurance
Auto Insurance Claims
Car Rentals

Do boat rental companies require additional insurance coverage prior to rental?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2011-07-13 15:46:27
2011-07-13 15:46:27

Boat rental insurance is not usually required in order to rent a boat from any company. However, because boat rental companies are protected under the law from any injury or accident which may occur while you are renting the boat, it is a good idea to purchase boat rental insurance prior to rental.


Related Questions

Many life insurance companies do not require a physical exam. The cost of coverage from these companies is usually more expensive than the same coverage if a medical exam is taken.

Most insurance companies require full insurance coverage and not just for pregnancy. However, there are websites that assist if insurance is a financial burden.

Each insurance plan is different. Some insurance companies pay a percentage of the cost of a chiropractor on a yearly deductible is reached and others offer no coverage.

Yes, many insurance companies do require you qualify credit wise to be eligible for coverage.

Roofs require occasional replacement, generally every 20 to 30 years depending on the rating of your roofing materials. Some Insurance Companies will require you update your roof for continued coverage once it has reached it's expected lifespan. Some companies will allow you to exclude further roof coverage and maintain the rest of your policy.Answergive my roof back u ugly insurance company never trust nation wide to date

Auto Finance companies typically require the buyer to purchase "Full Coverage" insurance to protect their property until you have paid it off. Just review the finance contract you signed when you made the agreement. It will detail your coverage requirements to avoid default on the finance note. If you fail to comply with your agreement, the lender generally has the option of purchasing the coverage at an insurer of their choice and bill you for the additional cost (with interest) of acquiring the coverage for you.

All states either require insurance or proof of financial responsiblity.

Yes,, All auto finance companies require that you provide full coverage on the vehicle until it is paid off.

There are many instances where one would require one day insurance policies. Aviva as well as Cars Direct offer one day insurance. If one is requiring one day travel coverage, RBC Travel insurance also provides this to their clients.

The state of Georgia only requires liability and property damage coverage. You have the option to purchase additional coverage's. It is a good idea to purchase uninsured motorist coverage.

In Nebraska, you're actually not required to have full coverage. You'll only need to have minimum liability insurance.

No, Not necessarily, There are many insurance companies that will issue auto insurance coverage to you without a drivers license. It just depends on the underwriting requirements of the insurance company. Most of the larger national companies will require a drivers license first but many local and regional insurers will have no problem with it.

No state requires boat owners to have insurance on a pleasure boat. If you have a loan using the boat as collateral, the bank will usually require insurance coverage on the boat. They will also require to be listed as a loss payee which protects their interest in the event of loss to the boat. Some marinas will require the boat owner to carry liability insurance and the marina may also require they be named as an additional insured.

No, only seven US states require coverage of alcohol rehabilitation. The qualification is mostly dependent on where a person lives.

Yes, I did some research online and Maryland does require liability insurance. 47 States require minimum liability coverage.

The function of insurance companies is to pay out if you are in an accident or require reimbursement after such as an accident caused by yourself or another person.

You may find it more difficult to get insurance as some companies require previous coverage on the home. I would check with multiple agents to see if you have choices.

No. Rental coverage is something you buy extra. "Full coverage" just means you bought liability, comprehensive, and collision insurance.

The state of Michigan does require that all drivers have some car insurance. This includes either having liability or full policy coverage.

No, not all insurance companies require that you take a physical in order to get a policy. One such example is GEICO and Allstate.

Maybe not all, but the vast majority do. It is related to their insurance coverage (similar to the requirement that a person be at least 25 to rent a car).

There is no state or federal law requiring boat insurance, however if you took out a loan to purchase the boat your bank may require it and some marinas require it. It is a good idea to have some kind of insurance coverage to protect yourself in case of an accident. Many of the companies that sell automobile insurance (such as Progressive and State Farm) also sell boat insurance and you may get discounts for purchasing them at the same time.

No, Kentucky law requires you to have insurance that coverage the person/people/property that you hit. It does not require that you have coverage for your own self or vehicle. Uninsured motorist coverage takes care of any damage you receive from another driver who does not carry insurance.

Sure. You can buy liability insurance on the car but I doubt if the insurance company would sell you a policy with physical damage coverage. Most insurance companies would require you to have the vehicle repaired before allowing you to have physical damage coverage. You would have to have it inspected and photographed by the agent. As long as you have comprehensive coverage, most auto insurance companies would cover for hail damage. However, check your policy to make sure that there's hail damage is not excluded. Be prepared for hikes in premiums though; when an area has a lot of claims, the rates there tend to rise.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.