Auto Insurance
Auto Insurance Claims
Auto Accidents
Transportation Accidents

Do you have to report all car accidents to your insurance company when hitting a pedestrian?


Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2007-05-08 00:03:27
2007-05-08 00:03:27

of course...


Related Questions

Of course NOT. Homeowners Insurance does not cover auto accidents. That's what Auto Insurance is for.

You are required by law to have liabilty coverage, but not collision coverage. If you did not have collision coverage then you are not due any compensation by your insurance company. If you did have collision insurance and the insurance company will not pay, then you may be able to sue the insurance company, but you cannot sue the state.

Depending on what insurance company you have and your plan. Most do in/near wooded areas.

you could probably get charged with "reckless driving" along with hitting a pedestrian on a crosswalk. It depends if it was considered "hit and run", if it was your fine could probably go up by $100-$300.

Nope, PLPD aka liability only covers other vehicles for accidents which you may be at fault for. Comprehensive insurance would take care of an incident such as this.

You will need to make a report to both insurance companies. Even though you are not at fault your insurance company will still want to know. Unless the other party takes the blame right away and tells there insurance company that it was there fault then you do not need to tell your insurance. But I always recommend that you always talk to your insurance company about the accident.

The only intitlement of monies will go to that deer, for the deer is someones property(state)and your insurance company may have to pay for its medical bills if it survived the accident, but nothing to you.

Only if your insurance cover is comprehensive.

Yes, liability pays for damage you cause to other people, regardless if those people are pedestrians or passengers in another vehicle. If the skateboarder has car insurance then there is also a good chance that the skater carries a coverage on his own insurance called medical payments. This is coverage on your car insurance that can be used for your own injuries as a pedestrian.

Insurance company is required to pay for actual damages. This means putting you back to where you were before the accident, not hitting the lottery to get something for nothing. There is no pain and suffering amounts.

A suit is a civil action to be fled in a civil court. Either the injured party or their legal representative would need to file the appropriate documents with the civil court of jurisdiction.

Generally when it comes to hitting an animal your insurance angency will only make you pay your deductible. Sometimes it is completely covered.

Personal shame, for one. The actual $$ cost will be determined by the court system where you live.

No you will not. If your company has a "no claim discount" you could lose this discount for making any type of claim. Most companies do not charge you for this type of loss.

Yes, you can get into trouble for almost hitting a pedestrian who jumped out of the way and hit your car with his walking stick when he did not get it out of the way. Pedestrians alwayshave the right of way. You failed to yield right of way. You get a ticket. You could face a lawsuit because you scared a pedestrian. Now, watch where you are going.

Home accidents are any accidents that occur at home. Some examples are burning a hand on a stove, falling off a ladder when painting a house, a child falling and hitting her head on a table, etc.

No, not usually. The insurance company has nothing to do with suspension of drivers licenses, that's up to the Department of Motor Vehicles or whatever it is in your state. I have seen times where a person owes an insurance company money from hitting an insured vehicle when the party at fault did not have insurance required by law. In these cases I have seen our state suspend a drivers license until the balance is paid in full to the insurance company. This is because it was due to failure to obey a state law of not driving without minimum required insurance limits. I saw once where a 15 year old could not get a license until this was paid off in full.

It is other than collision insurance. It covers hail, stolen vehicle, hitting an animal, and vandalism.

Comp, also referred to as comprehensive auto insurance coverage, is a form of coverage that is designed to pay to repair or replace your vehicle in certain situations. Covered scenarios that comprehensive auto insurance would pay include: theft, vandalism, fire, explosion, hail damage, wind damage, or hitting a live animal. The insurance company will pay up to the fair market value of your vehicle for repairs or replacing the vehicle. You will be responsible for paying your comprehensive deductible before the insurance company will payout.

No. By "full coverage," I assume you mean you have comprehensive and collision coverage. This does not include rental. You have to buy a special endorsement on your policy to get rental. Hitting a deer is a comprehensive claim and if you have rental, you will get a rental if the car is non-drivable or when it is in the shops for the repairs. If you did not buy rental, the insurance company does not have to pay. Check your coverages.

There is no shortage of companies that offer automobile insurance out there. With more and more drivers hitting the road, more and more companies are offering auto insurance. Allstate is a popular company in America. GEICO is another company that offers great auto insurance. Progressive Auto offers car insurance to millions of drivers. Esurance is slightly lesser known than the previous three, but is also a very large provider. Perhaps all of them are best known for their commercials, but most provide great benefits for drivers.

If your partner has an accident in a car she is not insured to drive it is highly unlikely the insurance company will pay for any damages, in many countries it is also illegal to drive without insurance and punishments for such serious offence can sometimes include prison time. In the UK it would result in a £1000 fine at the very least and probably a 3 month driving ban.

In the whole world, millions of accidents occur every day. There are accidental accidents of course, and if there were only that many, there wouldn't be too much of a problem. Naturally though, there are more than that: Drunk driving accidents, Suicidal driving accidents, Drug induced accidents, and the occasional hitting of pedestrians, bikers, etc. Ultimately, you can't count the number of accidents because of classification in the court systems and whether an accident is counted as one or not (and that brings up a lot of legal things that I won't go into).

Yes, but is sometimes less than deductible, so no coverage.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.