answersLogoWhite
Health
Medication and Drugs
Poisons and Toxins

Does Coumadin have rat poison in it?

789

Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
Answered
2011-04-01 05:58:18
2011-04-01 05:58:18

Coumadin (warfarin) is the active ingredient in rat poison. That being said, Coumadin is dosed, for humans, in a manner which prevents blood clotting (especially for those at risk), and does not act as a poison at the therapeutic dosage level. (However, when rats ingest the high concentrations of warfarin in rat poison, they bleed to death, internally.)

789
๐Ÿฆƒ
0
๐Ÿคจ
0
๐Ÿ˜ฎ
0
๐Ÿ˜‚
0

Related Questions


Rat poison IS coumadin.


A few days to a week will do it. The poison is actually a potent blood thinner (warfarin - the same thing as Coumadin), so they bleed internally and that's what kills them.


heparin is a blood thinner. Just like Coumadin, both are made from Warfarin, which is basically rat poison


The chemical warfarin is a blood-thinning agent (trademark name Coumadin) also used as rat poison.


Vitamin K is the main antidote for coumadin. Coumadin (sold as Warfarin), is used as a blood thinner and as rat poison. It interferes with the body's use of vitamin K, so increasing vitamin K would counteract it in the case of an overdose or poisoning.


Yes, one type of rat poison, sodium warfarin, also known as Coumadin, Jantoven, Marevan, Lawarin, and Waran, is routinely prescribed as a blood thinner to patients with heart disease and other illnesses.


One example of this is Coumadin (Warfarin). This anti-coagulation drug was first developed as a rat poison. It would cause the rat to excessively bleed, thus this is how it killed them. Later they determined if they can get the dosing right, it can be used for patients who have clotting disorders.


To kill the pigeons with rat poison, you will have to poison their food with the rat poison. You can poison the water that the pigeons drink and the cereals that the pigeons eat.


No, rat poison will not kill roaches. Rat poison is designed to stop blood clotting and the rat dies from internal bleeding.


There is no rat poison in toothpaste. Never.


Barium is used for rat poison.


No. Coumadin is a fancy medical name for a sophisticated medication used in heart disease treatment. In more powerful form it is also sold as a rat poison under the brand name WARFARIN.Coumadin is a brand name. Warfarin is the generic. All dose strengths of one are available in the other, thus "in more powerful form it is also sold as a rat poison under the brand name WARFARIN." Coumadin is used as a powerful anticoagulant for much more than "heart disease treatment" - for example pulmonary emboli and deep vein thromboses.


No, it could not, because the poison was specifically designed to kill rats, and was developed as a rat poison/killer, not a human poison/killer. It would still be considered rat poison, even if the human died from the rat poison.


Well this will vary by the brand and type of rat poison, generly not much. Hence the name 'rat poison'. If your rat has eaten rat poison i would advise that you take them to the vet emedietly.


There are many elements in rat poison. The most well known of all elements in rat poison is the infamous arsenic.


it is a proven face that it is rat poison it is a proven face that it is rat poison it is a proven face that it is rat poison


It's the other way around. Coumadin, long-time anticoagulant medication used by humans was applied as a rat toxin. The idea was that, a medication in a dosage harmless to humans would prove fatal for rats, mostly because of comparative sizes: A dose for a 150lb human was a massive overdose for a 6oz. rat. And this worked for a while. However, rats evolved past this and now, a human-normal dose of coumadin is no longer toxic for rats. To address this we've gone on to "super-coumadin" for rats -- another anticoagulant, only this time the rat-lethal (or LD50) does is also acutely toxic to humans.


I think you mean what if your pet rat eats rat poison you dyslexic monkey.


Yes, rat poison will kill squirrels.


Because it's rat posion


Yes, rat poison can be fatal to humans. And also, people who smoke can have high chances of dieing because it has rat poison in it.


Rat poison is warfarin. It makes them bleed to death.


rabbits do eat rat poison, but after a while they will die


Mostly of the legal drugs contain rat poison or plant seends.


Modern rat poison is an anticoagulant, not arsenic. This is much safer!



Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.