Parenting and Children

Does a father have legal options available when the mother has promoted her boyfriend to the role of father while keeping the birth father with a custody agreement from being able to perform that role?


User Avatar
Wiki User

No, that is not a legal issue. The modification of a custodial order will not change the situation at hand. A judge will not issue an order of how a child should or should not refer to another individual. Furthermore, judges do not look favorably upon either parent that indulges in petty grivances when it involves a child.