Top Answer
User Avatar
Wiki User
2009-09-17 11:22:27
2009-09-17 11:22:27

Of course NOT.

Homeowners Insurance does not cover auto accidents. That's what Auto Insurance is for.


Related Questions

Automobiles are covered by Auto Insurance. If you have full coverage auto it will repair any damages caused to your vehicle by the shopping cart, minus your deductible of course. Homeowners Insurance does not cover automobiles, if it did, we would have no need for car insurance.

It depends on what the policy says. Recognize that even if it does, you'll probably loose the insurance afterward or the rates go up. If you loose the insurance, other insurance companies may not be willing to cover you once they find out that you have that kind of person living in your house. Insurance companies are constantly determining their risk. If they see a condition that may cause higher risk, they tend to deal with the condition.

No, unless those cracks are a result of a differnt direct loss such as a vehicle hitting the home or a tree falling on it. Most if not all insurance policies exclude cracking in brick, plaster, and drywall as well as vibration.

Only if your insurance cover is comprehensive.

The only intitlement of monies will go to that deer, for the deer is someones property(state)and your insurance company may have to pay for its medical bills if it survived the accident, but nothing to you.

Generally when it comes to hitting an animal your insurance angency will only make you pay your deductible. Sometimes it is completely covered.

Yes. If it is not you're private property they have all the rights they need

It is other than collision insurance. It covers hail, stolen vehicle, hitting an animal, and vandalism.

Possibly if the boulder was in the roadway, but if it was actually on your property then they are responsbile for hitting a stationary object.

Depending on what insurance company you have and your plan. Most do in/near wooded areas.

If it is relative to an auto insurance policy, it for property damage caused to someone else's property. You or someone in control of your vehicle causes damage to anothers property, could be another vehicle, or some other type of property. ( personal liability/property damage) Coll would mean damage to your vehicle due to collision, and Comp would mean your comprehensive coverage for your vehicle for damage due to things like hitting a deer, or hail damage for example.

the debris hitting the walls and the wind itself

Yes, but is sometimes less than deductible, so no coverage.

If you mean hitting someone without a motor vehicle involved, you could be arrested for assault. If you mean hitting a person while driving a vehicle, absolutely you can be ticketed even on private property. A vehicle is a lethal weapon, which is why all drivers must take tests and get licensed. If a person hits someone while on private property, what damage might they do on public roadways... so yes, ticket.

Animal CollisionIf your vehicle "collides" with an animal it will be covered under the "collision" portion of your Auto Insurance Policy. Answer from a General Insurance AgentAnswercomprehensive

You are required by law to have liabilty coverage, but not collision coverage. If you did not have collision coverage then you are not due any compensation by your insurance company. If you did have collision insurance and the insurance company will not pay, then you may be able to sue the insurance company, but you cannot sue the state.

Yes as long as its on your own property and you are not hitting anything else not on someone elses property.. ie the tree over the fence.

Rules ussually are that it must be private property, and must not have a chance of hitting vehicles or passerbys.

Most loan companies will require that you have liability, collision, and comprehensive coverage. That covers you hitting someone else, someone hitting you, and loss due to fire, theft, storm damage, etc.

If the other party was clearly at fault in hitting your vehicle then their insurance will pay for the damage to your vehicle. The key is that it is their fault. The way you word the question you don't state that they were at fault but that they hit your car. If it is determined that they were at fault then their insurance pays, if you were at fault then your insurance pays.

The insurance is actually PL/PD, which is Public Liability and Property Damage. This coverage is mandatory in most (or all) of the US and Canada, as it is to cover any damage or injury that you cause to the person or property of others. The public liability portion of the insurance is to cover injury or death of the other person in the event that you cause an accident. This may include, but is not limited to, rear-ending someone, hitting a pedestrian, or driving into a store. The property damage covers the cost of physical items, like cars, buildings, telephone poles, etc, that are damaged by your neglect. I believe that if you do not have proper insurance for a delivery driver, then your insurance company may choose not to cover you for PL/PD if you get into an accident while delivering pizzas. I have heard, however, that the specific insurance you need for delivering pizzas depends largely upon whether you wear a uniform, have signs or decals on your car, and how many hours you work or kilometres you drive.. but don't quote me on that.

You will need to make a report to both insurance companies. Even though you are not at fault your insurance company will still want to know. Unless the other party takes the blame right away and tells there insurance company that it was there fault then you do not need to tell your insurance. But I always recommend that you always talk to your insurance company about the accident.

If you make a claim and have comprehensive coverage then you insurance rate may increase slightly. All insurance companies are different, but they are all based on the same system, level of risk to insure and probability of making a claim. By hitting the deer you have increased both these factors. However since it was not an at-fault accident and there is already a deductible to decrease fraudulent claims, your rate should only increase slightly.

Copyright ยฉ 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.