Best Answer

Can't speak for Canada (try this though:, but here's what the process looks like in the US. You will need an H-1B visa. This allows you to work in the US for the sponsoring employer designated on your visa. The employer will have to agree to file your visa petition for you either through a company lawyer or through an independent Immigration attorney. Expect to pay about $1600 in legal / filing fees. Unless you are a highly skilled worker, professional or have an advanced degree, employers in the US are reluctant to go through this process because of the following reasons: 1) Strict HR policy that explicitly states no sponsorship offered.
2) Company is small / new to the process and doesn't need the hassle.
3) Abundance of local candidates in your profession.
4) Company is unfamiliar with the process and unwilling to test the waters.
5) Company quota of percentage of H-1B employees on board has been reached or exceeded.
In any case, you want to avoid these situations. For a list of employers actively sponsoring and hiring, try a site like It may be worth the small fee ($30 - $50). Another route that a lot of people take is to come to the US to study on an F1 (student visa) like you. You can then find a recruiting agency to hire you. A lot of agencies sponsor your visa, train you on certain business applications (usually as a business analyst) and contract you out to companies. You become an employee of the recruiter, not the company you go to work for. It usually involves meagre pay (recruiter will charge the company $30 an hour and pay you $20, keeping $10 an hour of your pay), no benefits, no vacation and other horrendous conditions, but they will sponsor your visa and possibly even file your green card. Now, that's a whole different story. Good luck and enjoy!

User Avatar

Wiki User

โˆ™ 2005-10-05 17:02:26
This answer is:
User Avatar
Study guides

College Applications and Entrance Requirements

20 cards

How do you find your psats scores

Money that is left over after all expenses are paid is known as

What is the total amount of money students can borrow under the Perkins Loan

What is typically the best strategy to use when taking a test

See all cards

Student Loans and Financial Aid

21 cards

Who maintains control over the 529 plan

What is the total amount of money students can borrow under the Perkins Loan

How do students apply for a direct Stafford loan

What is the least amount of money a student will receive when participating in work-study

See all cards

Student Loans and Financial Aid

22 cards

Who maintains control over the 529 plan

What is the total amount of money students can borrow under the Perkins Loan

How do students apply for a direct Stafford loan

What is the least amount of money a student will receive when participating in work-study

See all cards

Add your answer:

Earn +20 pts
Q: How can an international student find American or Canadian companies that might sponsor his studies in US or Canada?
Write your answer...
Related questions

Can a Canadian citizen sponsor an American citizen if the Canadian citizen has a felony?

can a canadian citizen sponsor his wife who is an american citizen if the candian citizen has a felony on his record

How does a ugandan citizen find a Canadian sponsor?

how can i get canadian sponsor

What does Manchester uniteds old sponsor stand for?

If you mean the old Shirt Sponsor AIG; it stands for American International Group.

Can a dual American Canadian citizen who is living in Canada move to the us and sponsor their Canadian husband or fiance to get a green card?

Absolutely. Just contact the INS.

Can a Canadian man marry a man who is a US citizen?

Yes, there is no citizenship or residency requirement for marriage in either the US or Canada. However, if they marry in the United States, they will have to marry in a state that permits same-sex couples to marry (see related question below). They may, however, marry in any province in Canada. Because of current federal law, the American citizen may not sponsor his Canadian husband for US citizenship. However, the Canadian citizen can sponsor his American husband for Canadian citizenship.

How do you sponsor Canadian boyfriend to Australia?

You Dont.

What are two companies that sponsor Jeff Gordon?

DuPont and Pepsi are two companies that sponsor Jeff Gordon.

How do you apply for sponsorship in a same-sex marriage between an American and a Canadian?

Either spouse may sponsor the other spouse for permanent resident status.

How can one sponsor a child through Children International?

One can sponsor a child through Children International by making a donation on their website. For only a small fee per month, one is able to sponsor a child.

What companies sponsor the Olympics 2012?

Cadbury's sponsor the London 2012 Olympics and some others.

How do you get company sponsor?

you get companies to sponsor you by going local and then get better offers and then go global and then your in business

Which IT companies sponsor employees to pursue their MBA?

Big companies like Wipro do sponsor their employees for pursuing MBA as it helps in career development and enhances the skills of employee.

Are there any shoe companies that sponsor Nascar?

No there is not

Why do companies sponsor television programmes?

for advertisement.

What companies sponsor the Dallas Cowboys?


Where would one go to sponsor a christian child?

One place to sponsor a child is ChildFund International. it is only twenty eight dollars a month to sponsor a child and you can correspond with the child you sponsor.

Which companies sponsor maxbiaggi and valentino rossi?


What does aig stand for soccer?

They are the kit sponsor of Manchester United. The American International Group. This is their last season sponsoring Manchester United due to the global economic crisis.

Who was Alexander mackenzies sponsor?

American military

How do you find companies that will sponsor boxers?

An effective marketing strategy is one great and effective way of getting the sponsor for boxers. Visiting such companies with a detailed plan will definitely help in the execution of this plan.

What companies sponsor the NFL?

Acctually manny companies aponser thee nfl look on the field during a game and u will find many sponsor companies. also look at the sides of a hockey game and most of those also sponser the nfl

What are 3 reasons companies will sponsor professional sport teams?

They will sponsor it because they get business , they get money for sponsoring them and they think they are cool sponsoring them.

Which companies sponsor Max Biaggi and Valentino Rossi?


What skate companies sponsor girls?

their is one its called a girl

What companies are looking to sponsor a softball team?

1 to 3