Money Management

How can one legally cash a third party check after it has been endorse on the back but the party that endorse it is no longer available?


User Avatar
Wiki User

Google "third party check". I will check back on this site to see if you get a good answer, but I have two huge checks that were signed over to me by relatives and NO ONE will cash them. I have to go back to the University they are drawn on and ask to have them re issued, or take the relatives to the bank with me and have their names added to my account. Each bank can dictate their own policy and it changes with whichever teller you get. All you can do is report them to the particular regulatory agency. Why doesn't anyone have to conform to the Uniform Cimmercial Code anymore? Meanwhile, how do we get the money?