Best Answer

Only way is to marry an American Citizen. Sorry but that is only way to remain in the USA. There are visas that are given in lotteries but for you that is too far away as you, I presume are fairly young. Warning, if you leave the US you will NOT be allowed to re-enter due to breaking Immigration Law by overstaying your student visa! They can't, because they have shown that they did not RESPECT the laws of the USA. Break the law, pay the penalty. In addition, marrying a U.S. citizen no longer guarantees the person will be allowed to remain in the country, or will be granted permanent resident or citizenship status. United States Citizenship and Immigration Services

User Avatar

Wiki User

โˆ™ 2008-05-08 14:57:30
This answer is:
User Avatar
Study guides
See all Study Guides
Create a Study Guide

Add your answer:

Earn +20 pts
Q: How can someone with an expired student visa who has remained in the US illegally for several years become a citizen?
Write your answer...
Related questions

Would a condom that may have been put on store shelves several years ago still be usable if it has remained in its wrapper?

Check the expiration date. If they are expired, do not use them.

Can you download music illegally if you are under 18?

According to several laws, it is illegal for anyone of any age to download music illegally. There are several severe civil and criminal penalties for those whom download and distribute illegally downloaded music under federal law.

Can a us citizen marry a legal alien whose visa has expired?

You certainly can get married. The marriage does not change their visa status and they could be deported. And have to wait for several years before trying to get a green card.

How do you a US citizen become a citizen of France?

You must live in France for several year while applying to be a French citizen.

When does patent for symbicort expire?

Several Symbicort patents already expired in 2011.

What is the adjective in the sentence Several meters remained to reach the finish line?


Can british stay in the usa more than 6 months in one year?

If a British person is a U.S. citizen then they can stay indefinitely. A student visa can last anywhere from a couple months to several years in which case they could. If they enter America illegally then they can stay for as long as they can without being detected.

Is Reg Mombassa an Australian citizen?

Yes, he was born in Auckland, New Zealand but became an Australian citizen several years ago.

Does Citizen make a women's version of this watch?

No this is a Mens diving watch,Citizen does make several other nice womens models

Can a naturalized citizen buy a gun?

Yes. In fact, as a naturalised citizen, I own several, and hold a Federal Firearms Licence. You can actually buy one without being a citizen, as a matter of fact.

What river forms the boundaries of several US states and empties into the Gulf of Mexico?

the river that mexicans better not swim across illegally...

Can a New Zealand citizen have dual citizenship with the USA?

Yes, there are several ways to attain it.

Can an aupair with an expired visa renew it without leaving the country?

No, because you have to renew the Visa outside the US. The state recommends to renew in the homecountry, but Canada is also possible. Once it is expired there could be several problems to get back in the States.

Are the buy one get one free Crest coupons expired?

The printable coupons online for the BOGO deal are now expired, however I have seen several current magazines that have Crest Brilliant white coupons that are goof for $1.00 off.

What qualified Ronald Reagan to be president?

He was a Natural Born citizen, he was of age, and several other reasons.

How much would it cost to repair a samsung plasma tv?

It varies whether or not if the product in question has its warranty expired or not. IF indeed the warranty has expired than the typical costs of a repair store could range from several hundred dollars to over a thousand.

How many Oscars did citizen Kane win?

Although the film was nominated for several awards. "Citizen Kane," only won the Oscar for "Best Original Screenplay for 1941."

American responces to World War 1?

The US remained neutral to protect her business establishments it had made with several countries.

How to get US citizenship for your husband if he is here illegally?

You will have to consult an immigration attorney. In most cases, he will have to leave the country and apply for a visa. This could take several years!

What denominations do american dollars come in?

American dollars come in several denominations that include $1.00, $5.00, $10.00, $20.00, $50.00, and $100.00. These bills have been redesigned several times to prevent counterfeiting and duplicating the bills illegally.

US citizen marries a legal alien?

That legal alien will have status of US citizen. Bad answer. The alien must apply and QUALIFY foe citizenship. Ther are several disqualifiers.

Where are there prostitutes?

Prostitution is legal in several countries, among these are Holland and Denmark. You will find prostitutes in other countries illegally. Usually on dark street corners in big cities.

Can one have the passport of a country but he is not a citizen of that country?

Generally one has to be a citizen of a country to hold a passport of a country. Exceptions are few, but include refugees who can be given temporary papers by a country. People can be citizens of several countries at the same time and hold several different passports at the same time.

Why was president Washington upset with citizen genet?

Citizen Genet persuaded several american sea captains to command privateers. He became a celebrity. Genet threatened to appeal to the people of the United States to overrule Washington.

Where can one find a reseller for Citizen Skyhawk Titanium watches?

There are several dealers for the Citizen Skyhawk Titanium watches. Amazon, and ebay are two of the larger dealers. After those two there are some smaller dealers available.